Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kenf3
Punch Card
Views: 1,372
Message 1 of 8

Yoga 710 Atheros WiFi causing router to reboot

Updated all the drivers and BIOS but connecting to 2.4GHz WiFi causes router to reboot frequently. Switching to 5GHz WiFi almost eleiminates the reboots. Any ideas?

Is this related to the fan issue? I noticed in that thread that a WiFi Installer was mentioned.

Ken

kenf3
Punch Card
Views: 1,355
Message 2 of 8

Re: Yoga 710 Atheros WiFi causing router to reboot

As soon as I try to open a web browser (Edge), the router reboots. When I check the router log, it shows "DoS Attack: ACK Scan". My notebook is 4 feet from the router.

Ken

kenf3
Punch Card
Views: 1,347
Message 3 of 8

I think I figured out the cause - IPv6. When I checked the Atheros WiFi Network Adapter "Properties", I noticed "Internet Protocol Version 6" was checked but my router had IPv6 disabled. 

I unchecked it and tried again (restarted it to be sure) and no instant router reboot. I also changed the router's IPv6 setting from disabled to "auto detect" and then re-checked the Atheros IPv6 box and that worked too, no instant router reboot.

Hope that fixed it (time will tell - I'll be back if it didn't)

Ken

kenf3
Punch Card
Views: 1,338
Message 4 of 8

IPv6 still caused router reboots so I'm sticking with the Atheros IPv6 option unchecked. So far so good.

Ken

Highlighted
kenf3
Punch Card
Views: 1,195
Message 5 of 8

It's rebooting my router again. I can open a browser and nothing happens, but when I try to do a speedtest, the router re-boots.

Ken

kenf3
Punch Card
Views: 1,192
Message 6 of 8

The Event Viewer is showing a Event ID 1014, DNS Client Events. Any ideas what is causing this? Time to do some Googling.

Ken

kenf3
Punch Card
Views: 1,106
Message 7 of 8

Got a new wifi router - problem fixed.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,080
Message 8 of 8

Kenf3

Thanks for coming back repeatedly to share with the community the various steps you took.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate Messaging
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Please do not PM me - questions belong in the forums. I will not respond to PMs. Thanks.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors