Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

17 Posts

08-19-2015

United States of America

110 Signins

856 Page Views

• Views: 856
  • Message 1 of 5

Yoga 710 BSOD?

2017-03-02, 0:55 AM

I've had my Yoga 710 since July 2016 and have had intermittent BSOD since August 2016. The first time it happened, I was taking notes in lecture with the laptop on my lap. I was unable to turn the laptop on for a few minutes afterwards, and I'm not sure what the error code or driver were.

Over the past week or two, I've noticed more frequent BSOD while using the laptop. Usually, the error is system_thread_exception_not_handled, and when there is a driver listed, it is rtsuvc.sys. I've tried uninstalling the webcam, restarting, and reinstalling the webcam, as well as updating the driver. None of this helped.

I followed the steps in this post a few hours, but I don't know if it fixed my problem or not. I would like to get this solved, as I'm afraid of the laptop crashing in the middle of an exam.

Any other suggestions? I'm running Windows 10 64-bit if that helps.

Thanks!

Options

2954 Posts

02-22-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1083 Signins

26243 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 26243
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 710 BSOD?

2017-03-02, 11:26 AM

Hello Mjjones90,

Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.

Try a static discharge for this, it may help to resolve the issue or at least get rid of any built up static on the motherboard.

(If the battery is internal, please just skip the remove/replace battery steps.)
1. Turn the unit off
2. Remove the battery and the Mains adapter
3. Press and hold the front power button for 30 seconds
4. Replace the battery and the Mains adapter
5. Turn the unit on as normal

Also try running an LSC hardware scan, see if that can identify anything on the unit.

1. Please click on the following link
2. Under the section ‘Download’ select the relevant Hyperlink dependant on whether your Lenovo is running Windows 7/8/8.1 32 bit or 64 bit.
3. When prompted, select save and browse to a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded files.
4. Navigate to the folder where you saved the installation file, lscsetup_x86_26001.exe.
5. Double-click the installation file icon to start the installation.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions via the installation wizard that will install Lenovo Solution Centre on your system.
7. Once installed you will have a ‘Lenovo Solution Centre’ icon on your desktop please click to open this.
8. Once solution center is opened please select ‘Checkup’ then ‘Hardware Scan’ and ‘Full Scan’
9. This will take up to 20 minutes, see if this can find any errors.

If these steps do not work you can call your local Lenovo support line for a possible service. Below is the link to the phone list where you can find these numbers

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

==================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...
Options

5067 Posts

11-22-2011

United States of America

5783 Signins

89698 Page Views

• Views: 89698
  • Message 3 of 5

2017-03-02, 14:38 PM

Do you have Lenovo EasyCamera installed? If so, update the driver.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/systemthreadexceptionnothandled-rtsuvcsys/8ace1a13-1ddb-4f95-9562-e5788796d3cd

Options

17 Posts

08-19-2015

United States of America

110 Signins

856 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2017-03-03, 12:57 PM

Thank you for replying. There were no issues found on the hardware scan, and I did the static discharge just in case. Hopefully this fixed the issue. Is there any way to determine if it is fixed other than to wait and see if it crashes again?

Options

17 Posts

08-19-2015

United States of America

110 Signins

856 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2017-03-03, 13:02 PM

I do have the EasyCamera installed and had already tried deleting the camera completely and reinstalling, as well as updating the driver, which did not fix the issue. The current driver is dated 1/25/2016, and I'm not sure if there are any recent drivers on the Lenovo support site; they're all for Windows 8. I may have to uninstall/disable the camera until a new driver is available. Thanks!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms