Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-26-2016

Turkey

5 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga 710 Built-in Camera Connection

2019-05-25, 8:13 AM

Hello everyone, My Yoga 710-14ISK laptop's camera doesn't working properly. I think it has a hardware connection issue. Windows Camera app finds it first but after a few seconds it says no camera connected. Its LED blinks and it become connected when I press on the lens and the area near of it.

I searched the net and saw the same issues other users experienced. It's thought to be related with the adhesive that bonds the camera circuit melting with heat overtime. How can I fix it and Will Lenovo issue a recall for these devices? 

Options

2062 Posts

02-28-2012

Ecuador

1823 Signins

32468 Page Views

• Views: 32468
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 710 Built-in Camera Connection

2019-05-25, 13:58 PM

Hi, welcome to the forum,

What I would do in your case if first to rule out any software issue.

1) Updating the driver of the camara - Support site for Yoga 710 or Lenovo Vantage . There is a 19 Jul 2016 driver there. Or even with DriverEasy (not officially supported by Lenovo).

2) After updating the driver, if the camara keeps disconecting, check if it also dissapear from the Windows Device Manager, if it dissapear it may shows a hardware issue.

Going after the hardware.

- If your computer is on warranty, contact Lenovo support in your country and send it for repair. If it is not under warranty they will let you know how much it will cost.

- If you want to open up the computer yourself, check the Maintenance hardware manual.  (Double check that it is your model) Page 59 talks about the camera. You can test if the cable is connected.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic"
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Like" for Ego Boost !!

Options

1 Posts

11-14-2017

United States of America

6 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 3 of 3

Yoga 710 Built-in Camera Connection

2020-03-19, 15:40 PM
I have precisely the same problem with my Yoga 710-14IKB. What did you end up doing to resolve your camera problem?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms