cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JustAName1
Serial Port
Views: 677
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 710 Dual login, CPU 25% (1 core maxed out) and fan noise, rundll32 with EnableAutoRotation.dll

Yoga 710 Win10 (Anniversary update) Dual login, CPU 25% (1 core maxed out) and fan noise, rundll32 with C:\ProgramData\LenovoTransition\Server\x64\EnableAutoRotation.dll

With a single login this problem does not occur, but if I leave one user logged in and then login another I get a permanent 25% cpu use (and consequent fan noise), no apps etc running, no other significant cpu load.

I see a rundll32 process immediately running in the 2nd login, it stays running at 25% (forever it seems). If I reverse the order of the 1st and 2nd logins the problem again occurs for the 2nd login.

The problem would seem to be Lenovo-specific given the rundll32 command line args which are "C:\ProgramData\LenovoTransition\Server\x64\EnableAutoRotation.dll,RunCustomMonitor ", the parent is ymc.exe (use procexp from sysinternals, now ms, to see this detail). See below for the offending thread stack trace (no symbols loaded).

Anyone managed to fix this, I guess I could try killing this rundll32 instance but not sure what the consequence will be, although I see mention of this as fan nose problem cure (no mention of multiple logins) in forum thread https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-900-Excessive-Fan-spin/td-p/2228354

Getting this machine running nicely is proving a litte tedious (see my recent post ree HDMI audio).

Cheers

ntdll.dll!ZwWaitForMultipleObjects+0x14

KERNELBASE.dll!WaitForMultipleObjectsEx+0xef

KERNELBASE.dll!WaitForMultipleObjects+0xe

[Native Frame: IL Method without Metadata]

[Managed to Unmanaged Transition]

EnableAutoRotation.dll!.StartMonitor+0x47

EnableAutoRotation.dll!.RunCustomMonitorW+0x46

[Unmanaged to Managed Transition]

clr.dll+0x21fe

rundll32.exe+0x3b0c

rundll32.exe+0x6017

KERNEL32.DLL!BaseThreadInitThunk+0x14

ntdll.dll!RtlUserThreadStart+0x21

popy
Punch Card
Views: 617
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 710 Dual login, CPU 25% (1 core maxed out) and fan noise, rundll32 with EnableAutoRotation.

Hey, i have the issue also on my yoga 900.

There are 4x child rundll32 processes created from ymc.exe (Yoga Mode Control) which goes crazy when two or more users logged in.

Every proccess uses 25% which results in 100% cpu load!

Is there any fix out there?

PS: i have also contacted Lenovo support regarding this issue. Lets see if they answer. Here are links in forum with similar issues:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/YOGA-700-Yoga-Mode-Control-high-CPU-usage-...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-900-Excessive-Fan-spin/m-p/3389337/hi...

thx

Highlighted
Kent_NYC
What's DOS?
Views: 482
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 710 Dual login, CPU 25% (1 core maxed out) and fan noise, rundll32 with EnableAutoRotation.

Same problem for me with 2 Lenovo Ideapad Flex 4's. With multiple user accounts, Lenovo Transition runs multiple copies and eats all the CPU power and ramps up the fans.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors