Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SSpirit
Paper Tape
Views: 1,014
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 710 Fan Noise - FED UP!

Just bought the Lenovo Yoga 710-14isk 80ty --- THIS FAN NEVER SHUTS OFF!

I saved all this money for a fan that not only doesn't shut off, but I cannot Skype clients or conduct a webinar because the fan noise interferes with the microphone.

I've tried EVERYTHING. Scouting these forums ... updated drivers ... nothing. Still the same. I'm ready to send it back.

I'd appreciate someone from Lenovo replying to this with a *solution*!!!! Please don't repeat the malware mantra. Everyone knows it is not malware. Lenovo has a horrible design and engineering issue, and it must be resolved.

Please reply or I'm about to take this to the executive team with some serious letters, as well as moving to the consumer protection path.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 983
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 710 Fan Noise - FED UP!

Have you taken a look at CPU loading with task manager?

I've had a couple of machines that had rogue processes that loaded the CPU and caused constant fan activity.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

WalshMFL
What's DOS?
Views: 961
Message 3 of 6

I'm in the same position. I'm currently in a staffroom with Chrome and PowerPoint opne, I can hear this sodding fan in the background. It's really doing my head in now.

If there isn't a reply with a fix for this then I'm sending it back, it's just over a week old. I'll go get an XPS 13.

WalshMFL
What's DOS?
Views: 898
Message 4 of 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKCSmIyNkBE

Just so others can potentially hear it before buying, it's been running like in the video for about 30 minutes now. Only Chrome is open.

SSpirit
Paper Tape
Views: 853
Message 5 of 6

EXACTLY! Still, not one word from Lenovo. I'm moving forward with the complaint process to their leadership (they obviously could care less), as well as the consumer protection agency.

Jimdery
What's DOS?
Views: 834
Message 6 of 6

If you search around you will find that stopping the screen orientation process will avoid cpu hogging when logged  multiple accounts which might set the fan running constantly.  What worked for me was stopping this but also setting cooling policy to "passive" in the power scheme details.  Unless you need the cpu running at full speed (and for an i7 thats unlikely for office applications) it does the trick.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors