Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qu3st
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,024
Message 1 of 9

Yoga 710 GFX memory

Looking at the new 710, and it is not clear what the graphics card specifications are. It says 940MX w/2GB memory, but my understanding is that can be either DDR or GDDR memory. Does anyone know which this laptop has in it? Supposidly a decent difference in performance between the two options.

Guru
Views: 993
Message 2 of 9

Re: Yoga 710 GFX memory

The 2GB memory is for the 940MX graphics card. The system has 8GB of DDR4 on board memory.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Qu3st
Fanfold Paper
Views: 973
Message 3 of 9

@EricX wrote:

The 2GB memory is for the 940MX graphics card. The system has 8GB of DDR4 on board memory.

I fully understand the difference between system memory and gfx memory. My question has nothign to do with the system memory.

The 940MX has two versions. One uses DDR3 and the other uses GDDR5 (both 2GB). The DDR3 version is a minimal upgrade over the 940M, while the GDDR5 version is about a 20% - 30% improvement. The spec sheet for the 710 does not state the type of GFX memory, and it is a signifigant fact for my purchasing decision.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-940mx/specifications

Guru
Views: 970
Message 4 of 9

This is what I'm able to find off of Lenovo's support site

• Discrete Graphics: NV N16S-GTR & Refresh to lastest generation GPU

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Qu3st
Fanfold Paper
Views: 965
Message 5 of 9

Yeah, I found that as well. That spec code applies to both versions of the card. Guessing I need to email support directly.
pyrrish
Fanfold Paper
Views: 877
Message 6 of 9

I was also wondering about this, as well as whether the screens have digitizer support like the ThinkPad yogas or are just traditional touch screens.

Qu3st
Fanfold Paper
Views: 862
Message 7 of 9

Well I can't offer much of an update on this. I talked with both "live" support and sales, and neither could tell me. Sales told me they'd talk to tech and email me back, but so far a week + later, not a peep. Doesn't give you much confidence in a company that can't even tell you what they are building their laptops with.

Millefune
What's DOS?
Views: 454
Message 8 of 9

It's DDR3.

Millefune
What's DOS?
Views: 454
Message 9 of 9

According to this review on YouTube ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDgddx-y2wo ), it's DDR3.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors