Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonathanneff
What's DOS?
Views: 1,552
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 710 PXE booting

Hi,

After an unsuccessful support call with Lenovo Ideaxxx technical support, they referred me to the Community.

I have a new Yoga 710 in our environemtn that I need to PXE boot for our provisioning workflow.  WIth the Yoga 12 Thinkpads, we use the Lenovo USB-Ethernet adapter and it works fine.  The Yoga 710 doesn't see the USB-Ethernet adapter as a bootable option -- I've disabled secure boot, enabled legacy boot, and enabled PXE boot over LAN in the BIOS.

If anyone is PXE booting a Yoga 710, what adapter are you using?  

Thanks!

jonathanneff
What's DOS?
Views: 1,547
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 710 PXE booting

I've spent the last 3 hours trying to find anyone that has PXE booted a Yoga 710, but have been unsuccessful.
I've ordered a Startech USB3-Ethernet adapter (USB31000SPTB), as several people have success with it on various systems.
ityodawannabe
Punch Card
Views: 1,514
Message 3 of 5

I have had success with the Lenovo 3.0 USB to Ethernet adapter.  Please double check in your BIOS to make sure that it will allow USB boot devices.  Some are disabled by default.  I hope this helps.  Good Luck!

jonathanneff
What's DOS?
Views: 1,464
Message 4 of 5

Thanks - the Lenovo 3.0 USB to Ethernet adapter also doesn't show up as a bootable device.  Neither does a Startech 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet adapter.

The BIOS has USB Boot and PXE Boot to LAN enabled, but the only boot options presented are the Windows Boot Manager (through EFI) and the SATA HDD (through Legacy).

JeffG1
What's DOS?
Views: 307
Message 5 of 5

Lenovo does not support PXE boot!

Top Kudoed Authors