Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
payt18p
What's DOS?
Views: 902
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 710 Screen Display issue

I bought a Yoga 710 about a month ago to use for my engineering classes at school. I have been having an issue with the screen flickering and glitching out for the last week or so with it getting progressively worse but always returning to working fine. I really don't want to have to already send this computer in to get repaired as I will need it for classes so any help to fix this problem would be very much appreciated. I also attached a picture to give a visual of the issue.  

Thanks.

IMG_8260.JPG

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 848
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 710 Screen Display issue

Hi  payt18p,

Can you try loading the BIOS of the system, if you still see the same display issue in BIOS then there is nothing we can do but to send the unit to the repair center. You can get in touch with Lenovo by clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page under Support. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
payt18p
What's DOS?
Views: 827
Message 3 of 6

How do I load the BIOS of the system?
Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 809
Message 4 of 6

Hi, 

While the system is turned off, press the novo button, its a small pin hole button besides the power button with a symbol that looks like this Novo Button Icon.JPG. The system will turn on and give you a menu, if you still see the same lines on the screen you dont have to get into the BIOS, the system need to get serviced.

Cheers, 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Guru
Views: 799
Message 5 of 6

If the issue isn't replicated in BIOS, try updating the display driver. If that doesn't help, restoring Windows should help as a faulty driver may have made its way in an update.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

maorbr
What's DOS?
Views: 373
Message 6 of 6

Hello

I have the same laptop and I saw that you had exactly the same issue on screen display as I have now.
but for me warranty is ended before 2 month, I want to know how Lenovo fix this problem:
1. did they changed to new screen?
2. did they changed only the screen cable?
3. did they changed the motherboard? 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors