Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colmchris
Paper Tape
Views: 8,120
Message 1 of 12

Yoga 710 Very Slow/Choppy Internet

Hello,

I purchase a yoga s710 a couple of days ago and while it's setup was straighforward, it's internet browsing experience has been very poor. I tried installing chrome but its very laggy, some pages timeout and any type of video will barely load. All my other devices run very smoothly on my wireless network including an xbox, phones and two other laptops. Ive tried resetting the laptop and updating the network card without any avail. If this continues I am left with no option but to bring it back to bestbuy because if you can't use the internet, the laptop is practically useless. Is there something I'm missing? Im disspointed because I like everything else about this laptop.

Any info or pointers on the above would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

TKYoga
Paper Tape
Views: 7,655
Message 2 of 12

Re: Yoga 710 Very Slow/Choppy Internet

I bought my Yoga 710 (Kaby Lake) 2 days ago and I am also thoroughly unimpressed with the internet speed. Is there any fix for this?
TKYoga
Paper Tape
Views: 7,636
Message 3 of 12

Well, I'm talking to myself here, but for anyone who has this problem, here is the solution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y0hrZgOaFI

To sum up, set "Wireless Adapter Settings" to "Maximum Performance".

Also in Device Manager, go to Properties in the Wireless Adapter and then the Power Management tab; from there unclick the option to lower WiFi performance when battery is low.

gmopro
Token Ring
Views: 7,496
Message 4 of 12

cant find properties in device manager. NOt sure what you are looking at.

gmopro
Token Ring
Views: 7,495
Message 5 of 12

i have tried so many things and still have a bad experience.  Sometimes it is a pretty fast internet and other times it is slow and drags bigtime.  Then other times i have no connection to wifi. SO weird.  OTher machines and devices are fine. This lenovo 700 seems to be a lemon.  Wish i was not talked into this machine.

gmopro
Token Ring
Views: 7,367
Message 6 of 12

Only thing that worked for me was to get an ethernet cable and a usb 3.0 adapter.  Direct connection and now i get the speeds i am supposed to from Verizon.  Nothing ever worked for the wifi with that machine.  i should bill Lenovo for the ethernet cable and usb 3.0 adapter.  I am on a work Dell right now and it works fine on same router.  Problem was the Lenovo wireless card i guess... no good.

gmopro
Token Ring
Views: 7,365
Message 7 of 12

i dont have a 710 , but i have a 700.  

the 700 has never been good with WIFI.  i had the wireless card swapped out and didnt help.  The guy said someone may b using the wireless or something. Nope.  It is just not good with wifi.  ALL other devices are good on same wifi and once i did a direct connection, wifi was great and i got the speeds i was supposed to.  Lenovo should be able to fix this and it is not fair to buy the machine for all that money and the wifi stinks  on it.

Somnath1911
What's DOS?
Views: 7,149
Message 8 of 12

I had the same problem with Joga 710.

Try this fix. Its update from Lenovo and it works.

Go to lenovo updated and get

dpy803af.exe

Somnath1911
What's DOS?
Views: 7,149
Message 9 of 12

I had the same problem with Joga 710.

Go to lenovo update and try this update:

dpy803af.exe

This works

-Somnath

Somnath1911
What's DOS?
Views: 7,148
Message 10 of 12

Go to lenovo
http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/in/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-710-14ikb/80v4/80v4...Smiley FrustratedSmiley FrustratedSmiley Very Happy

Search for WLan card update.
Search for
dpy803af.exe

It worked for me. Might work for you also.
Best luck

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors