10-06-2016

AT

2 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga 710 i7 fan replacement

2017-03-24, 10:06 AM

It's a well known issue that the fan of the 710 is very loud. What really annoys me is the high pitched hiss it makes, so I was wondering if there are better fans to replace the old ones.

Options

2278 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3330 Signins

40590 Page Views

• Views: 40590
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 710 i7 fan replacement

2017-03-24, 18:43 PM

The only fan replacement for that model would be from Lenovo, since each laptop has a custom design (unlike a desktop), but issue seems like a defective fan. You can try making sure the fan blades are clean and reseat the fan. If that doesn't help (or if you can't open it), I suggest getting in touch with Lenovo support for a fan replacement. 

Here's the support site for chat or phone support: http://support.lenovo.com

Direct number: 877-453-6686

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!
The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete