02-08-2018 06:45 AM
My Yoga 710 laptop puts my external monitors to sleep once I connect them with a cable and adapter. Each external monitor I have tried recognizes they are being plugged into a computer, because its display window will change from "no cable/computer detected" to "monitor is going to sleep". The laptop, however, stopped recognizing that it is being plugged into an external monitor.
In addition to trying different monitors, two different microHDMI adapters, and three different cables. I have worked with Microsoft, Lenovo, and Geek Squad to update the drivers and replace the motherboard. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions? This error began soon after I updated the laptop's drivers for a problem it had communicating with my wireless printer.
02-08-2018 10:36 AM
Please, try this:
1. Click on the windows icon
2. Type regedit
3. Right-click on regedit icon, click Run as administrator
4. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\7bc4a2f9-d8fc-4469-b07b-33eb785aaca0
5. Double click on Attributes
6. Enter number 2.
7. Go to Advanced power settings (click on Windows button, write power options, click on Power Options, in the selected plan click on the Change plan settings, click on the Change advanced power settings).
8. Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable
9. Click Sleep, then System unattended sleep timeout, then change these settings from 2 Minutes to 20 for example.