Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlee100
Paper Tape
Views: 1,294
Message 11 of 22

Re: Yoga 710 screen cracked from opening it

me too and I don't have extended coverage.  Any info to share? All I did was shut it and I hear a loud crack and now it is separated.  Very frustrating and I cannot be without my laptop for 6+ weeks with no known cost up front. Thank you!Screen seperating.jpg

MBHE
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,291
Message 12 of 22

So Lenovo

A whole string of complaints from people whose screens have broken because of YOUR bad design.  Lots of us have had similar conversations - send it overseas and wait to hear if Lenovo will say that we users have misused the computer and have to pay or that Lenovo will accept its responsibility, do the right thing and replace our screens.

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?

RRamirez1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,280
Message 13 of 22

I also have the same problem, I called and explained and all they said that this was not covered, I know now for sure that this is some type of malfunction of the quality. I checked the area and I see that the metal part that holds the screen has somehow detached from the body of the lid, so every time i try to open the lid, it just makes pressure on the screen and keeps cracking. Lenovo does not care to respond, I will never buy Lenovo again.
Highlighted
RRamirez1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,278
Message 14 of 22

I am having the same problem, they clearly don't want to accept the flaw.

gaminic
What's DOS?
Views: 1,181
Message 15 of 22

Is ther a way to take up this matter with Lenovo authorities as a group and show them our concerns? I don't think none of these writers will ever think of buying a Lenovo again.  

Lbs123a
Paper Tape
Views: 1,083
Message 16 of 22

i am not a rich person, I had a choice to get a second hand laptop or a new one

A second hand one is much much cheaper

But decided to get a new one as second hand ones break down quicker

it wasn't a small thing for me to invest in lenavo 11 inch laptop

But after 6 months, all I did was open the laptop and it's destroyed

I can't recall doing anything wrong 

should have stuck with second hand, this was a big mistake 

LorraineElise
What's DOS?
Views: 1,013
Message 17 of 22

The same thing happened to mine and it was within a week.  I am a missionary teacher and use my computer to teach.  It was a huge investment for me to be able to buy this laptop and I am very frustrated that it happened so fast.  Has anyone found ANY way to get through to Lenovo better?  I can't be without a laptop which seems very unfair since I also was just closing it for the night and heard a crack - on the 5th day I owned it.

gregka
Punch Card
Views: 982
Message 18 of 22

Just saw the hinge separating and the screen cracking - right side hinge and screen. I have lost touch screen on the the right side. Have used some duct tape to hold the screen and bottom and top panel together. I am way beyond the warranty period. There are a lot of posts on Amazon regarding this issue. LENOVO YOGA 710 15.6 inch. Before you switch to another laptop open this one and salvage the memory and the 256GB SSD and try putting them in your new laptop, sad but it is what it is with the LENOVO 710. Just a bad construction to an otherwise very capable machine.
jfo
Paper Tape
Views: 943
Message 19 of 22

I agree with all these posts. I have had my Yoga 710 for 19 months. The 1st screen cracked after 1 year and I wasnt aware of mishandling it. Lenova refused to replace under warranty as the lid had a small scratch on it "proving" that it was due to misuse and therefore my fault: Repair Cost Euro 300.00  and 6 weeks without computer. 6 months later the 2nd screen has cracked in exactly the same place - next to the left side hinge, this time i hadnt even moved it, just opened/closed it! Reaction from Lenovo: I'll have to send it in to be assessed, (just for them to say its my fault) no cost estimate and again "highly unlikely that they would admit a design fault as IF there had been complaints of this nature there would have been a recall". Also, I should "be aware that I must open it from the middle with 2 hands", fortunately, I have 2 hands but I expect there are people forced to use 1 hand and should this be a criterion for buying a laptop!

I am debating about whether to get it repaired, 3 screens and I could've buy a new one!

RRamirez1
Paper Tape
Views: 912
Message 20 of 22

well I just found my second Lenovo ideapad with a crack right across the screen, and my labtop sits on a desk, this is surely a bad design or they cant make any thin PC's, the material is too weak, complete garbage and the tech support dont give a dam, I hope the company gos under.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors