cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GreyGroupG08
Paper Tape
Views: 2,102
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 710 with bent/uneven bottom surface?

I got my first Lenovo Yoga 710 around 1.5 weeks ago, and noticed something immediately when I opened it up. The metal "case" or laptop bottom was uneven. The bottom right side of the laptop is sorta bend from factory, the rubber part does not even touch the table when I put the laptop down. It isnt much, maybe a few millimeters, but whenever I use the laptop I hear and feel it rocking back and fort and making a clicking sound against the table. I really didnt expect this from such an expensive laptop. 

So, I contacted the store I got it from, and they ordered a new one from me. And guess what, the new unit is JUST the same. I looked at their display model and it sat flush with the table, rock solid. Did they just ship a bad batch of laptops with uneven surfaces, seeing that both the laptops I got is uneven? 

To be spesific, its the Yoga 710 14"ISK (I think). Anyone else experienced this themself, or know what I should do? 

GreyGroupG08
Paper Tape
Views: 2,045
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 710 with bent/uneven bottom surface?

No one else?
dreadroberts
What's DOS?
Views: 1,999
Message 3 of 5

I had the same issue with my Lenovo 900 13.3". I keep it in a case in my bookbag as I have a lot of walking around campus to do each day.  I have only had the laptop for about 2 months and I just noticed it today.  I looked down the side and it seemed to be unlevel, doing the same rocking thing on the table as yours was.  The 900 has the watchband type hinge which I thought could have been the issue. Turns out, it was just twisted and so I twisted it the opposite direction and it sits flush witht the table now. Hope you get your issue resolved!

e11world
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,954
Message 4 of 5

I just looked at my 710 15.6" Yoga and seems to have similar issue. The bending is in the both the screen part and the keyboard but the screen seems to be coming off it's casing. Pix showing this a bit with my finger pointing to it. I've only had it for a couple of months or so and didn't notice this at first. I actually only used it about 10 times or so. Very not happy. Hoping I can get a replacement from Bestbuy or Lenovo at this point.

https://s16.postimg.org/qot2kzww5/IMAG2021.jpg

https://s11.postimg.org/599l1rk03/IMAG2026.jpg

Sonal12
Paper Tape
Views: 1,535
Message 5 of 5

same thing with my lenovo ideapad 100. there won't be any damage to the internals though, its just a design defect or something.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors