cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Max78
Punch Card
Views: 226
Message 1 of 1

Yoga 720-12IKB (81B5) Touchscreen no longer works, Keyboard lowercase key failure, random logouts. .

Long list of items that have crept up on this laptop after using it for several months. . . .

The touchscreen no longer works.

I have reinstalled drivers over and over again, deleted and let windows choose the driver, and have tried everything I can think of to get it working. Yet it no longer recognizes touch at all. Bamboo Ink styles works just fine, uninstalling the associated drivers did not change anything. It slowly started to work intermittently and then just quit all together.

Keyboard keys just stop working

So far some seemingly random LOWERCASE letters stop working, if I hold shift I get an uppercase just fine, or if I hit capslock it will give me the uppercase of whatever letter is not working for that day, so the button itself is fine. This has happened on several different keys completely randomly for no apparent reason what so ever. The only way to fix the issue once it occurs is to stop what you are doing and restart the computer. . . Doing so might fix it for a week or an hour.

In the middle of typing or clicking, or doing anything at all it decides to "sleep"    I can be in the middle of typing something, moving the mouse to click on something, or using the stylus to take notes and without warning it will enter sleep/hibernation mode. . .

I have updated the drivers to the latest that are available, I also updated the BIOS to the latest recommended to see if that might help solve some of the issues. So far no luck, and its still giving me all of the issues listed.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! This thing has been troublesome from day 1. . .

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors