cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Max78
Punch Card
Views: 4,230
Message 1 of 9

Yoga 720-12IKB (81B5) Track pad stops working after sleep. . .

I just purchased this laptop Monday, and this has been an issue from day one.

I start the laptop and everything works fine, I close the lid and it goes into sleep mode. When I open the computer and resume from sleep mode the track pad does not work. the only way to get the track pad to work again is to restart the laptop.

This happens every single time without fail which makes it a real PITA to use. . .

I have updated the synaptics driver and generic mouse driver with no change in behavior.

I have completely uninstalled all relevant drivers and let windows re-install them with no change in behavior.

I have 10 days left to return this thing, so hopefully I can get this fixed before that because this form factor is great, but I won’t keep something that it obviously broken.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Max78
Punch Card
Views: 4,178
Message 2 of 9

Re: Yoga 720-12IKB (81B5) Track pad stops working after sleep. . .

No one has any idea or suggestions? Are there even reps on these forums that know a thing or 2, or are they just PR people?

This seems like a pretty common issue and not a single responce from a Lenovo rep or any of the other forum post's leaves me with a not so warm and fuzzy feeling.

I see no drivers on the website related to the synaptics device, so I cant get the driver there. Nore do they point you to a location where you can get said driver. . .

I will open a ticket with support but if their fix is gonig to be reinstall windows its going back, work it too important to mess around with trying to fix junk.

Guru
Views: 4,171
Message 3 of 9

First, I'd make sure everything is up to date using the Lenovo support site, not Synaptics. Use the drivers you find there rather than others. This includes the BIOS for your laptop, which may need updating since you just got it. 

If doing that fails, then uninstall the touchpad (right click on it in Device Manager and select "uninstall device") and let Windows reinstall it after a reboot. 

Let us know how that works.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
RB22
Paper Tape
Views: 4,114
Message 4 of 9

Re: Yoga 720-12IKB (81B5) Track pad stops working after sleep. . .SOLUTION

SOLUTION: for the Yoga 720 12ikb

Problem: after sleep, windows pointer from touchpad dissapears and will not reappear

in your apps should be "Lenovo Vantage" start it;

--System Update: click on "Download and Install Lenovo Updates for Your Device"

-- Check for updates

1st recommended update was the driver: Elan Touchpad IAP for Yoga 720 Win10[64] v1.0.0.3

installed, rebooted

Problem not solved, so started Lenovo Vantage again, .... this time a Bios Update was suggested.

--Install, reboot

Problem solved.,or at this early stage it appears so!  ..... you mileage may vary

Highlighted
RB22
Paper Tape
Views: 4,113
Message 5 of 9

if Lenovo Vantage is not in your apps, you can download it from the Microsoft Store.

Max78
Punch Card
Views: 3,829
Message 6 of 9

Thanks for the help.

I tried every single driver update that was suggeseted here and on other forums, none of that worked.

I finally updated the BIOS and that seemed to have fixed the issue.

Max78
Punch Card
Views: 3,826
Message 7 of 9

Lenovo does not make a driver for the touchpad nore is there one lised on the drivers download page.

deback
Paper Tape
Views: 1,863
Message 8 of 9

This was the solution to my problem with the touchpad on my Lenovo Yoga 700 laptop (disabled automatically after sleep).  I removed the device with the question mark in the Device Manager (run devmgmt.msc), restarted the computer, and now, the touchpad always works, even after the laptop goes to sleep.  

AaronT8
Blue Screen Again
Views: 910
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

Re: Lenovo Vantage reboot bios to wake sleeping touchpad 

I would like to say that I tried everything, installing new drivers and reinstalling windows 10 and nothing worked apart this.

Once I opened Lenovo Vantage and let this reboot the bios (blue screen about 5mins) it seems to be working just fine now.

My touchpad wakes after sleep mode, many thanks for this solution much appreciated. Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Aaron T

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors