Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lymtics0502
Paper Tape
Views: 418
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 720-12IKB touch screen not working

Hi everyone,

I've been searching for the solution for this one by Google-ing many many articles on the Internet, I tried all of them but all failed. My 12IKB currently runs the Windows 10 Home version 1809, I also installed all latest drivers on Lenovo support page (here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-720-12ikb/download...) but the touch screen still doesn't work.

Back when the first time I brought it home from the store, it worked but after installing windows update, touch screen didn't work anymore. Some articles told that the issue came from incompatible BIOS with the new windows update. I've noticed that Lenovo just released the new BIOS, I installed but nothing changed.

So, could anyone please help me on this?

Thank you.

abflussfrei
What's DOS?
Views: 309
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 720-12IKB touch screen not working

I've got the same problem, and I've read in one of the threads that I should install new firmware for the LCD display. My monitor's hardware ID is AUO226D, and my resolution is 1366 x 768.

Could someone from LENOVO please explain where to find the firmware .zip file and which firmware I should install or if there is another solution to this problem?

DJsBubba
Punch Card
Views: 288
Message 3 of 6

I'm in the same shoes. I will dig in on the LCD thing and see what I can find. I'm just a novice, so LENOVO do you have any help?
lymtics0502
Paper Tape
Views: 261
Message 4 of 6

So was anyone successful with this solution? I've been scratching my head for this. In Vietnam, Lenovo only offered the screen replacement after I brought my laptop to them and they did not perform any check. So unprofressional.  

DJsBubba
Punch Card
Views: 242
Message 5 of 6

Just talked to support and they're replacing touch screen.  Similar treatment you got.  He had me hold in power button 15 secs, then reset with pin in hole next to power button.    Then hit Fn/F10 or Fn/F11 and load default BIOS. I think before loading default BIOS he had me shutdown completely. That was about it.  Restarted, but no help with touch screen.  It did get my mouse pointer working again. 

Before calling support, I had tried to update drivers and disable/enable touchscreen, touch pad, Lenovo Pen Device, mouse, etc.  Also, I uninstalled drivers and restarted pc with several of the above devices.  I got the touchscreen working temporarily, but it was unstable with the mouse pointer and touchpad, etc.  I'm not much of a tech person, so I hope the new touch screen fixes my problem for good, or at least tell me, after windows updates if touchscreen isn't working, which drivers need to be uninstalled/updated/enabled/installed, etc., to keep the thing working.  Also, I don't think I should have to pay for extra support, after the original one year warranty, for their product defects.  

Good luck all!

lymtics0502
Paper Tape
Views: 201
Message 6 of 6

Thank you for your information. I'll try your solution on my side. If none of them works, there's only one solution which is I'll get the screen replacement.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors