Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UdinDragon
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 583
Message 1 of 7

Yoga 720 13 audio jack detects headphone on first plug only

My Yoga 720 13 will only detect any of my headphone on first plug, i got sounds and the laptop speakers remained inactive. but after unplugging it and plugging it back no sound came out of my headphone and laptop speakers remained inactive like first time plugged.

it seemed my laptop detected the headphone on the second plug but won't make any sound because my laptop speaker remained inactive, and once i unplugged it my laptop went back to active and made sounds.

Please help, i've tried to reinstall the audio driver but it didn't work.

whenever i restart my laptop or wake it up from sleep it will work again, but only once on first plug. but on second trial of plugging it back, it won't work again. 

is this hardware issue ? or software issue ?

OneWolf
What's DOS?
Views: 189
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga 720 13 audio jack detects headphone on first plug only

I have this exact same issue on my T560 thinkpad.

It is the same whether I'm docked or not. I have speakers plugged into my dock and listen to music through them all day long. But as soon as I undock and then redock, the speakers won't play and the T560 doesn't recognize the dock audio jack, or the actual laptop audio jack, until I restart the laptop. Not just sleep or hibernate, but hard restart. It is very consistent at least. I have reinstalled the drivers both from lenovo and realtek - no love.

HELP

UdinDragon
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 172
Message 3 of 7

I had my Yoga 720 sent for warranty and they fixed it. It seems like they replace my motherboard as i don't have a serial number anymore. 

As what i notice is that if you don't get audio jack notification on action center, i think there's a problem with your audio driver. I remembered that i messed it before it went like that. 

You may want to send it for warranty or repair.

wildta
Fanfold Paper
Views: 118
Message 4 of 7

I have this issue as well with a T460. The headphones are detected after the first plug in from a restart. Any time I replug them in after that, they won't be detected--sound will only continue to play via laptop speakers.
wildta
Fanfold Paper
Views: 113
Message 5 of 7

OneWolf
What's DOS?
Views: 79
Message 6 of 7

Nice work!
Can't imagine why Lenovo doesn't push this out or at least have it as an option on their support site.
sthasagar
What's DOS?
Views: 47
Message 7 of 7

Having the same issue with my Lenovo yoga 720, I tried installing the driver but the issue is still there. Any suggestions??

Top Kudoed Authors