Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YogaHoser
Paper Tape
Views: 413
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 720 13" Display Issue while using WiFi

I looked around and didn't see any other posts exactly describing this issue, so sorry if others have already brought this up.

I have a 720 13" that's acting very odd.  It'll sometimes go partially (showing only a 1/2 inch at the top of the screen) or completely black.  This happens mostly at the office.  When I walk it out of the office (and out of range of WiFi), it flickers a bit and starts displaying correctly.  I can turn airplane mode on, head back in the office, and it's fine.  As soon as it connects to the company WiFi again, it'll crap out on the display within a few minutes.

When it's blacked out, I can still see the mouse if I move it up there, but can't see anything but streaks of dark grey distortion on the rest of the black screen.  Sometimes, the black area while very slowly drop down (1 pixel row at a time).  Other times, it stays that way indefinitely.  I've tried reinstalling the display, chipset, and power management drivers.  It happens at home and on cell phone tethering, but not nearly as often.

Super odd issue.  It's 5 months old and still under warranty.  Anyone else having this issue?

YogaHoser
Paper Tape
Views: 339
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 720 13" Display Issue while using WiFi

This actually ended up being a temperature issue.  When the laptop was cool, this display issue would occur.  Once it warmed up, it went away.  I originally thought this was potentially a wifi issue because it would happen more at the office (where coincidentally, it was colder).  I was able to reliably repeat this issue by using the laptop in colder temperatures.  I'm sending the machine in for warranty service.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors