Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaps001
Paper Tape
Views: 708
Message 21 of 26

Re: Yoga 720 13" cursor disappearing/glitching

I have the same problem .My mouse pointer flickers, lags and tend to to go up. It also becomes unresponsive at times.

Have tried uninstalling Lenovo Vantage, or changing mouse pointer settings. I have also tried scaling to 125% yet no effect.

Even restarting the laptop does not help . 

Flickering starts any time and so mouse loose precision.

Lenovo Yoga 720

svtcobra00
Paper Tape
Views: 685
Message 22 of 26

I just posted a thread of a similar issue. Hopefully we will get some answers. Try touching the touchscreen when the cursor disappears to see if it comes back. Thats the only solution that will temporarily resolve the issue

Highlighted
MountainLegs
Paper Tape
Views: 672
Message 23 of 26

This flicker glitch is a real pain... All of the "fixes" expects the users to actually move the mouse. 

Please send an offical fix to this issue.

-ML

EddieReid
What's DOS?
Views: 510
Message 24 of 26

Please ignore the useless 'fix' it doesn't work. I'm not sure on the issue surrounding the mouse glitching as  I haven't yet expereinced it however I have found a simple solution to the dissapearing mouse pointer. The issue is caused by the laptop going into sleep mode. To get around this you will need to go onto settings and search for the setting 'Change what closing the lid does' I reccommend that you change all of the settings that were previously set to 'Sleep' to 'Hibernate.' Hibernate is very much like sleep mode however instead of keeping what you had open it saves it to your hard drive, or in the case of this computer, the solid state drive. I find it unusual that this setting was not on by default as Hibernate uses less battery power and since this computer has a solid state drive the time to load up the computer will only be marginally longer. The end result is the same and when you power you computer back on you will have everything you had before you closed down the laptop still on your screen. I would also reccomend turning the time for sleep mode to activate to the longest time possible, and just remember to close the lid of your laptop once you have finished using it. This also means that for whatever reason should the mouse dissapear, all you will need to do to get the pointer back is to close down the lid and re-open it. Please also note that another difference is that once you have opened the lid, you may need to also press the power button as sleep mode is different to hibernate mode and therefore, this is sometimes required to boot it back up. 

BabsbytheBeach
Paper Tape
Views: 346
Message 25 of 26

Thank you so much for including step by step directions with pictures. I have had so many problems (tablet option not working, screen flickering, dimmer not working for months) with my Lenovo Yoga 730, I regret buying it. Your solution is the first fix I have been able to do on my own, the other issues required me taking this disaster of a laptop back to Best Buy and they had to send it back to Lenovo. Again, thanks!

nlarson5
What's DOS?
Views: 294
Message 26 of 26

I have been experiencing the same issue, though at this point my trackpad has been completely nonfunctional for months and I'm relegated to using a mouse. I took my computer to the repair shop and was told that it was likely a connection that became unseated, and that it would cost around $80 to fix.

Overall, I'm very disappointed in this laptop (Yoga 720-13IKB) and couldn't be bothered to buy another. I've replaced the hard drive once and may have to replace it again after only owning it for two years.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors