Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Das17Das
What's DOS?
Views: 2,224
Message 11 of 26

Re: Yoga 720 13" cursor disappearing/glitching

Updating the bios seemed to have worked for me. Was having the same problem. Instructions here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-power/touchpad-cursor-disappears-and-is...

Mushfeq
What's DOS?
Views: 2,042
Message 12 of 26

Re: Several problems with Yoga 720

I recently bought the Yoga 720 and had the same problem. Found the solution online.

You need to update the BIOS.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-power/touchpad-cursor-disappears-and-is...

"Upgrade the BIOS UEFI from older 5GCN18WW to newer 5GCN20WW:

Go to Lenovo Support > Drivers & Software (Get Downloads) > enter serial number >

scroll down and click on BIOS/UEFI > click on the eye icon under Summary >

click on Download BIOS Update > run the .exe file downloaded > restart the laptop
"
Mushfeq
What's DOS?
Views: 2,041
Message 13 of 26

I don't know why Lenovo doesn't ship with the fix in place, but you simply have to update BIOS.

Upgrade the BIOS UEFI from older 5GCN18WW  to  newer 5GCN20WW:

Go to Lenovo Support > Drivers & Software (Get Downloads) > enter serial number >

click on Download BIOS Update > run the .exe file downloaded > restart the laptop

Mushfeq
What's DOS?
Views: 2,041
Message 14 of 26

The currently selected solution does not work. Please change it to link to the following:

Upgrade the BIOS UEFI from older 5GCN18WW  to  newer 5GCN20WW:

kayladarling28
What's DOS?
Views: 1,291
Message 15 of 26

Same thing is happening to me- I HAVE to use my touch screen, making what i need to do very hard
kayladarling28
What's DOS?
Views: 1,289
Message 16 of 26

Went to best buy and the reset my entire computer- it still didn't fix my cursor problem- The cursor is non existent expecially in Chrome- This gets really Irritating- already went through mouse settings as well
przemek1234pl
802.11n
Views: 1,234
Message 17 of 26

The issue is caused by bug in Lenovo Utility app which supports some function keys on the keyboard and is preinstalled on any Lenovo consumer laptop. This app is very buggy. On "normal" laptops it causes the blue thing near the mouse cursor not animating. On high-DPI laptops it causes total mouse cursor glitches. The app also slows down PC and I've noticed in Task Manager that it has memory leak. Every function key usage makes it to consume more RAM. The solution is to uninstall this app but then some function keys won't work.

PeteWallace
Paper Tape
Views: 1,011
Message 18 of 26

The Lenovo Yoga is the biggest pile of crap I've ever bought. I have never had so many problems (any problems) with any other laptop. Lenovo area bunch of thieving CUNYS

przemek1234pl
802.11n
Views: 1,002
Message 19 of 26

I was using Lenovo Yoga 500 some time ago. I had so many problems with it. In shortcut:
-The cursor was glitching the same way as in your case
-The screen was suddenly becoming black when using on battery
-The speakers were popping loudly without any reason.

Now I have another Lenovo laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 520-15IKB) and it's fine. No problems at all. Only the performance could be quite better but it's not bad anyway.
etk2000
What's DOS?
Views: 863
Message 20 of 26

You are a Boss! I just got the Lenovo Yoga 720 15 inch about a month ago the cursor would lock up and disappear.  I uninstalled the Lenovo Utility App and it was instantly gone! This was was totally to reason, can't thank you enough!!! It was driving me crazy! Thank You!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors