Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
InsanityOnABun
Fanfold Paper
Views: 765
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 720-13IKB Randomly Going Into Tablet Mode When Moving Lid

My Yoga is randomly going into tablet mode when I move the lid. All drivers and BIOS are up to date. I'm noticing it most often when I open the lid after closing it while the laptop is powered on. The fingerprint reader still functions, but the keyboard is unresponsive. I recognize that it's going into tablet mode because the keyboard backlight turns off and the keyboard stops sending input, and Windows shows the "auto-rotate on" message. I normally open the lid to about a 90 degree angle, maybe a touch past that - not nearly far enough to where tablet mode should be kicking in. I have to play with the lid, moving it back and forth by small increments to make it realize it's not nearly positioned far enough back to be in tablet mode. Sometimes I have to push it all the way back to ~180 degrees, and then bring it back to ~90 before it realizes it. Extremely annoying.

InsanityOnABun
Fanfold Paper
Views: 701
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 720-13IKB Randomly Going Into Tablet Mode When Moving Lid

Bump. Would like an official reply on what feels like a hardware issue.

dt99xu4
What's DOS?
Views: 656
Message 3 of 4

Im seein the exact same thing. Currently its just a little disturbing but I fear its getting worse. Does anybody know how the tablet mode is engaged? Is there  a microswitch or is there a magnetic sensor or something?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 649
Message 4 of 4

There are sensors tied to the ymc service (Yoga Mode Control). You could try using Lenovo Vantage to update all of your drivers (and BIOS) to see if that helps. Otherwise, for a workaround use Windows' Rotation Lock to stop it from happening until you actually want it to. Or force Windows to ask you, first. I have my 910 set for the latter as it's used with the lid closed a lot and that confuses the sensors.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors