Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Atec
Fanfold Paper
Views: 288
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 720-13IKB Speaker Crackling

I have a 720-13IKB and the left speaker has problems.  I have confirmed that the speaker itself is bad.  It crackles and sometimes it quits completely.  When it quits working altogether, I can tap my finger on the left side of the palm rest and get it to start working (crackling) again.  Headphones are OK.  It's not a driver or amp on the board - it's postively the speaker.

Question is how do I get Lenovo to send me a replacement speaker set for this thing?

I have one month of warranty left.  In chat with Lenovo, they told me I would need to send it in because me doing it myself would risk voiding the warranty.   I do not want to send this laptop in because I need it for business and also I don't want my data exposed.  The person on chat said I could remove my hard drive.  Well.... to do that would require me to open the computer case and take a tool to my system board to remove the SSD.  Then I would have to pay to send it in and hope that the person doing the repair would be as careful as I would be and not scratch or bend anything.

Replacing the speakers myself would be easier and less "risky" than removing the SSD and sending it somewhere.

Sure I can buy the speakers myself off eBay for $20 but I shouldn't have to.  Is this forum monitored by Lenovo?  Any assistance please?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 254
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 720-13IKB Speaker Crackling

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Sorry for what happened with your laptop. The repair options that we provide to our customers will depend with which warranty service is entitled for a specific computer through its Serial Number. You could check the warranty entitlement of your laptop using its Serial Number in this link: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/warrantylookup

We understand your concern regarding sending your laptop somewhere else,but if Depot repair is what entitled for your laptop, then what we could offer is to send the laptop to our Repair Facility to get it fix. 

If you're skillful enough to replace the speakers on your own, that could be an option, but we will not be able to supply you the parts since internal parts, including the speakers, are not considered as Customer Replaceable Unit (Power Cable, AC adapter, external battery, mouse and keyboard(for AIO and Desktop)). This option may not totally void the warranty, but the part itself, the issue/s that would arise due to it, and the issues that could occur during the process of you replacing the speakers will not be covered by the warranty. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors