Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oregano
Paper Tape
Views: 879
Message 11 of 24

Re: Yoga 720-13IKB Touch screen not working

hello, i tried this fix but it did not work. Do you have any other suggestions? thanks. 

cano55
Paper Tape
Views: 712
Message 12 of 24

Hello - I tried the solution and uninstalled the HID Compliant Touch Screen driver and restarted my computer but it still doesn't work.   My yoga laptop is a Yoga 720-12IKB  and the touch screen stopped working July 2019.   ANy help would be greatly appreciated.  I didn't realize how much I used the touch screen until it wasn't there.   Thanks 

FGD
Paper Tape
Views: 661
Message 13 of 24

I'm having the exact same problem as I realize many others too. I already posted about this and have not received any answer. Hope someone from Lenovo is actually looking at this. My laptop is still on warranty but I'm hoping I don't have to get through that process. Other posts referring to the same isuue have not given any direct answer. If someone has got any straight forward solution, please share. Thanks.

cano55
Paper Tape
Views: 644
Message 14 of 24

Hi I spoke with their help line and they told me since mine was out of warranty I had to find a local tech to help me.  If you still have warranty I would call them asap.  Please post their response,.  I am afraid they will tell you to buy a new laptop.    

Oregano
Paper Tape
Views: 611
Message 15 of 24

I have returned my Yoga under warranty and have been told it is awaiting a part. Which implies this is not simply a software problem. So if it is still under warranty I would suggest returning it. 

cano55
Paper Tape
Views: 598
Message 16 of 24

Thank you.  I can't it is no longer under warranty.   Hopefully my tech will find it and fix it.  Ugh.

cano55
Paper Tape
Views: 597
Message 17 of 24

Do you know what they are replacing?

technocat74
What's DOS?
Views: 503
Message 18 of 24

Find it disgusting that Lenovo are not honoring a fix for this if your warranty is slightly out (wehich mine is). The bios fix isn't working for me and Lenovo's only answer is to send the unit back to replace this fault (which is widely happening across ALL lenovo yoga models) at my expense. The unit I purchased at siginificant cost is no longer fit for the purpose it was purchased for (a 2 in 1), and is only useful as a laptop now.

After emails back and forward to support for weeks on end they gave up and told me I would have to pay.

This is a fault and Lenovo should be honoring a fix. Disgusted and won't be buying any Lenovo's in the future.

You can tell a lot from a company based on your support experience (or lack of)...........

Lenovo, you should be fixing these issues free of charge. A windows update was blamed but it has killed the hardware.......

MOD: Post edited to conform with site guidelines

lymtics0502
Paper Tape
Views: 405
Message 19 of 24

Do you remember the previous version you used? My 12IKB doesn't work either. After I updated the latest windows, touch screen didn't work even I installed all the latest drivers on Lenovo website.
Emillian6
What's DOS?
Views: 282
Message 20 of 24

Glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. I also started having this issue a month or two ago after an update so I think it must have been a bad update... I know my touchscreen software still works because I have a bamboo pen and the screen still detects it, just not my finger. I have tried countless suggestions from forums and the Microsoft troubleshoot system but nothing works. Very very frustrating. Hopefully it gets fixed in an update soon if it's a software issue.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors