Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FGD
Paper Tape
Views: 347
Message 21 of 24

Re: Yoga 720-13IKB Touch screen not working

I've contacted technical support several times using my service ticket. After following some steps they suggested the touchscreen is still not working. The suuport agent told me that if the touchscreen wasn't working when entering BIOS then it must be a hardware issue and I should send my laptop back to be repaired under warranty.  I'm not sure this was the correct information and it would mean for me to stay without a laptop for work for who knows how many days or weeks.

I also tried the steps suggested in this forum updating the screen driver but the problem was not solved.

Anyone can see this is a very common issue looking at not just this forum but several posts in this community. A simple search in google for the touchscreen problem in recent Yoga models will result in many other forums and websites discussing the issue and I haven't been able to find a straight answer. Not from advanced users or Lenovo's authorized support agents.

My guess is the company either has a huge lot of defective laptops or recent Windows updates have messed all up and the company has no clue of what's going on. It's a shame Lenovo has become so untrusty (at least for me and I suppose many others too).

If so many of us with this issue have to send back our laptops for service, then it's a faulty system; if there's no fix that one can easily perform either on hardware drivers or Windows configuration, then Lenovo's support is really disappointing.

cano55
Paper Tape
Views: 340
Message 22 of 24

I agree - I had my laptop in for a week, which was awful when you are trying to run a business.  There is no solution.  So I will be purchasing another laptop with touch screen capabilities and use my yoga for backup.   It is a shame for I like the laptop size, weight etc. but I am sure I can find another brand of laptop that offers the same dimensions.  Lenovo just lost another customer.

Reaksmeysk
Blue Screen Again
Views: 313
Message 23 of 24

Hi Everyone, I have Yoga 720-13IKB.Its touch screen was not working from May 2019. I tried all the suggestions, but it didn't work. Finally, I took it for a service since it is still under warranty. I was told it was a hardware problem and my laptop got a hardware replacement with regard to its screen. The touch screen is now working. If your laptop is still in warranty  I would suggest to have it checked by the service provider 

Hope it is helpful  

Oregano
Paper Tape
Views: 280
Message 24 of 24

Hi, my experience is the same. this is a hardware issue, so if under warranty you need to send back. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors