Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redwingz
Paper Tape
Views: 398
Message 1 of 7

Yoga 720 13IKB will not boot

I have a Yoga 720 13" that will not boot.  It is 18 months old and out of warranty.  There are only about 30 hours of use on it.  The symptoms are as follows:

Press power button, it lights up for 5-6 seconds, then goes off.

When plugged in to the charger, the white connection LED is on but momentarily goes off every 5-6 seconds, then repeats.

When the power button is held in for 15-20 seconds, internal fans come on but shut off when power button is released.

Screen and keyboard do nothing.

Battery seems fine as I am able to use the USB-3 port to charge my phone and other items even when not connected to the charger.

Please help, I cannot afford a new computer in such a short amount of time.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 373
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga 720 13IKB will not boot

Hi redwingz!

Welcome to the community forums.

Could you try to perform a Power Drain on the laptop and check if the issue remains? You can follow the steps below.

1. Shut down the laptop
2. Unplug the charger
3. If the battery is removable, remove the battery. If not, proceed with the next step.
4. Press and hold the Power Button for 10-15 seconds.
5. Reconnect the charger and restart the laptop.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

redwingz
Paper Tape
Views: 367
Message 3 of 7

Performed the requested procedure as requested.  Symptoms are still the same.  Removed bottom cover of laptop and unplugged the battery per instructions provided on iFixit.  Reperformed the procedure listed, plugged battery back in, symptoms still the same.  As mentioned before, holding power button for 15 seconds with battery installed and both CPU cooling fans run for about 3-4 seconds, then shut down.

redwingz

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 350
Message 4 of 7

Hi redwingz,

Thanks for getting back to us. Could you try to access the BIOS and set it to its default settings? Here's how to access the BIOS:https://datacentersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500216

To set it to its default settings, press Fn+F9 (Setup Defaults) then, Fn+F10 (Save and Exit).

Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

redwingz
Paper Tape
Views: 337
Message 5 of 7

Are these replies generated by a robot?  Please read the symptoms before replying.  I cannot get to the BIOS to change anything because it will not turn on.  No screen appears, no flash of pixels on the screen, no cursur, nothing except the ON button turning off 5 seconds after pressing it.  Pressing the RESET button also does nothing.  Battery is good as I can charge my phone off the computer's USB-3 port.  The computer was never dropped or even used much.  For the last 6 weeks it has been sitting on my desk in the OFF position and plugged in to the charger.  I have never owned a computer that has died with such few hours on it.  

redwingz

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 334
Message 6 of 7

Sorry for the experience. The issue with the laptop is related to the motherboard. Technical term is No POST. Since you already tried performing power drain(press and hold the power button for 15 seconds) but still the laptop is not working. We recommend to visit the nearest service center for repair of the laptop. 

You can use this Service center locator: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/serviceprovider to know where is the nearest shop in your area

Regards,

Matt_lenovo

Sean0870
Fanfold Paper
Views: 143
Message 7 of 7

Did you end up taking it in somewhere? If so, what was the issue? I'm having the same thing going on with my 720. Please let me know! Thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors