Did you mean: 
Jules_B
Paper Tape
Views: 12,140
Message 1 of 15

Yoga 720 13Ikb touchpad don't work and pointer not displayed

Spoiler

Hi,

I got my new Yoga 720 13-Ikb (i7, 8Go, 256Go SSD version) today. However, i already have a problem with it : 

On Windows (not tryed on linux for now), the mouse pointer isn't displayed and the touchpad isn't responding. I've tryed to look for into windows settings but i'm not used to it at all so i've found nothing about a "only touchscreen mode".

It's pretty anoying, it's acting like the touchpad was disable. The keyboard is working great.

I've followed the windows installation step as usual, i just disable all the "send my personal, network, localisation... information" options.

I will try to make it work on linux, if it does, the post will be deleted so if you read this, please help!

Hoping someone response,

Jules.

Update : Nothing better on linux, trackpad not active.

Odint
What's DOS?
Views: 12,015
Message 2 of 15

Re: Yoga 720 13Ikb touchpad don't work and pointer not displayed

Did you accidently press the hotkey to turn off the trackpad?

Did you rotate the device and have it in tablet mode?

Did you accidently turn on tablet mode in windows?

Jules_B
Paper Tape
Views: 12,011
Message 3 of 15

Yes it's like it's blocked on tabelet mode but i didn't do **bleep** about it.

I tryed switching many times the trackpad hotkey wirhout any result..

Same for rotation.

Xavier_2_Mars
Paper Tape
Views: 11,798
Message 4 of 15

Jules_B,

That's a very ennoying and very frustrating situation.

Specially on such an expansive piece of equipment. I have myself the same issue since I bought my Lenovo 720 13LKB in June 2017. To the point where the trackpad stop working completly....this is unacceptable!

I have been in touch with Lenovo "tech" support and they ask me to double check again and again if I hadnt press the F6 key (enable / disable trackpad)....Then, they emailed me a more advanced piece of advice, where they explain how to reset your laptop completly (to delete and reinstall eveything)....are you **bleep** kidding me!??

I am self employed and I use my laptop for work daily and I am really hesitant to send that computer back for repair. 

The first few time that happened it fix itself after some Lenovo and Windows update....but recently it was not having it. 

So this is HOW I SOLVE THE ISSUE: 

- Go to the DEVICE MANAGER 

-Under HUMAN INTERFACE DEVICE, you should have I2DC HID DEVICE with a warning. 

-Uninstall Device for this I2DC HID DEVICE and reboot the laptop DIDNT solved my issue. 

- So I selected the WACOM DEVICE (wich didnt have any warning), RIGHT CLICK and select UNINSTALL DEVICE 

- Reboot your Laptop, ad you will find the trackpad is now working. 

LENOVO, Imagine if someone that is not tech savy have this issue?? 

Again, such an issue on a brand new and very expensive laptop in unacceptable.

It completly defeat the point of having a "Laptop".

Even if I solved that issue for the moment, I will NOT recommand LENOVO computers any more. Will probably save the money and get a APPLE MAC for both the hardware and the quality of the service. Even if that means using Windows on a MAC for work purpose. 

Good luck my friend. 

Fingercross that issue will not happen again .... 

Highlighted
Xavier_2_Mars
Paper Tape
Views: 11,790
Message 5 of 15

Well you know what my friend .....just happened again....

I had to do the process describe below again to make it work 

Disgusting...Hopefully I can return this computeur asap 

tacky
What's DOS?
Views: 10,731
Message 6 of 15

I have a same issue about touch pad.

I got my new Yoga 720-12Ikb (i7, 8GB, 256Go SSD version) few days ago. However, upon returning from sleep, the mouse pointer isn't displayed and the touchpad isn't responding. I've tryed to look for into windows settings but i'm not used to it at all so i've found nothing about a "only touchscreen mode".

It's pretty anoying, it's acting like the touchpad was disable. The keyboard is working great.

Hoping someone response,

Tacky

Xavier_2_Mars
Paper Tape
Views: 10,702
Message 7 of 15

Correct this very anoying! Thats exactly the symptoms - mouse not coming back from sleep. 

To the point where mine never, ever, ever come back.....

So I ended up returning it and asked for refund, which has been granted and went to get a macbookpro instead. 

That frustrated me so much that I didnt mind spending the extra cash....

That's a shame because the yoga 720 look's great and fitted exactly my needs but how productive you can be when you are a professional on the go with a brand new laptop that has a broken trackpad? ....

Good luck

Lars13
What's DOS?
Views: 10,611
Message 8 of 15

Bought a yoga 720 . Got it home instaled the OS ..next day the keyboard stoped working . Got a refound .. Bought another ( had to have a working one , as he use it a highschool ) ... Same storie AGAIN .. ( and this one was bought with the OS preinstaled ..cost another 40 £ ) .. AGAIN ...KEYBORD NOT WORKING ...ON TWO DIF COMPUTERS ..COME ON LENOVO !!! .. Tomorrow this yoga goes back too , and I will NEVER GO NEER LENOVO AGAIN . SHAM ON YOU LENOVO 

PT61
What's DOS?
Views: 10,306
Message 9 of 15

Just received the 720 13kb that I ordered. Right out of the box the pointer - touchpad stopped working. It will work for a while then stop. It allows me to use in tablet mode and the key board works great. Just very frustrated that there is an issue straight from the box and evidently an issue that is consistently seen in Lonovo computers. Have tried several things- installed driver, f6, manually making sure touchpad is enabled. Will be talking with a tech rep very soon.

UdinDragon
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 9,965
Message 10 of 15

I got the same issue too. at a random time my touchpad will stop working too. i had to disable and enable the touchpad with Fn+F6 to make it work again. sometimes i had to do it twice. or if close the lid and open it again, my touchpad will be back to normal.

Somehow, it seems that my touchpad needs to be restarted/ turned off and on again to make it back to work.

Any idea to fix this annoying issue ?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors