Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DImas4u
Paper Tape
Views: 756
Message 1 of 7

Yoga 720 13ikb bluetooth issues

Hi Folks,

I am happy with my yoga, but the bluetooth signal is very weak...

I used an App to verify signals and bluetooth power levels.

On my Yoga 720 13ikb I have -87dBM at 3 inches from the base of keyboard (Weeeeeeaaakkkk)

On my "OLD" dell laptop I have -49dBM at the same distance. (Good/Strong)

Why I am asking this? Because I can't connect any of my 3 bluetooth earbuds with my Yoga unless If I am one inch from the hinge (no kidding)

Even my bluetooth mouse is jittering to use (I've tried 2).

So my questions are:

* Does anybody else had the same issue?

* I was wondering to open the back cover and check if the antenna cable is connected (since it'll take 7 business days, if lucky to check this issue under warranty)

I used the app Bluetooth Signal Strengh Meter 1.8 from Neofrontier Technologies.

My laptop is a month old, so far I just have the crappy video bleading (like surface pro 4) but it's okay.

Thank you... 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 726
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga 720 13ikb bluetooth issues

FIrst of all, check to make sure all of your drivers and especially your BIOS is up to date. Even brand-new computers need updating out-of-the-box. Never had one that didn't. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
DImas4u
Paper Tape
Views: 723
Message 3 of 7

Hi,

Thank you for your reply!

Well.. I have all the settings right, my wifi and bluetooth drivers are the latest, but I still believe it's a hardware issue Smiley Sad

BT driver is 20.30.0.3 as example.

can you download the app and try at yours?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 721
Message 4 of 7

I believe your BIOS should be 

• 1YCN37WW(V2.04)

Happy to try, but I'm on a 920. What's the app?

This also sounds like a loose antenna connection. I've had a wire pop off in other laptops.

DImas4u
Paper Tape
Views: 716
Message 5 of 7

Yep... same here Smiley Happy and the android app is Bluetooth Signal Strengh Meter 1.8, but if you have iOS for sure there is something similar.

I was wondering to open the back and see if someone forgot to connect the antenna cable... If I open it will I void the warranty?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 713
Message 6 of 7

@DImas4u

I was wondering to open the back and see if someone forgot to connect the antenna cable... If I open it will I void the warranty?

I'd send it back and get them to do it, anyway. If it's a loose cable, they'll attach it. If it's a bad radio, they'll fix it. 7-10 days to have someone else fool with it is always my preference. 

DImas4u
Paper Tape
Views: 710
Message 7 of 7

Let me know how your antenna signal goes... I am very dissapointed with my 720 Smiley Sad I came from Surface pro 3 and boy... WHAT A DIFFERENCE... I'll my 720 this as a my daily driver but my love for it just vanished... I wish I had bought the SP5... 200 usd difference that I'd pay now.

Thank you for your response. It's a cheap device for the configuration (i5-8th-Wacom) but cables and m2 devices to connect it's too basic...

I can't stay without a computer for now, for sure more things will pop up and I'll send to repair then.

Again!

Thank you!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors