Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glentcge
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,843
Message 1 of 27

Yoga 720-13ikb - no HID compliant Touch screen

We have issue with 3 x Yoga 720-13ikb out of box. No HID compliant touch screen visible under device manager and therefore no touch working. Did a factory reset without change. Installed windows stand alone copy, same issue. Did I read somethgin about usign older BIOS? How do I get hold of an older BIOS? Any other solution anyone knows about?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,806
Message 2 of 27

Re: Yoga 720-13ikb - no HID compliant Touch screen

Hi glentcge! Thanks for posting in our community. If you have reset the laptop to factory but you are still having same issue, you may contact our service center in this link https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht118678 just filter it by the city nearest you. 

If you would like to install the previous bios version, you need to enable bios backflash 

And then install the previous version https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/7lcn25ww.exe

Thanks. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

glentcge
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,792
Message 3 of 27

Thank you . I purchased these laptops in the US but moved now to Australia. I was now told that cover is not included in Australia. Is this true? Seeing that this is a factory related issue?

glentcge
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,788
Message 4 of 27

Is there also an option to roll back Bios to even more previous version?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,770
Message 5 of 27

Hi glentcge,

International Warranty Service is based upon the original warranty period assigned in the country of origin where the machine type was first sold by Lenovo or a Lenovo Authorized Reseller as some service and/or parts may not be available in all countries. Could you share to us the machine typein order to determine your eligibility? (Please see the screenshot below for reference)

Generally, Lenovo does not recommend downgrading the system BIOS due to the enhancements and fixes provided in BIOS updates, but users may choose to downgrade a BIOS for various reasons. Also, reverting BIOS to may depend upon on the available version supplied on our official website.

Regards.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

glentcge
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,751
Message 6 of 27

my boxes do not have this label but I attahced photo of serial tag undernetah

Admin note: attachment showing s/n removed.

glentcge
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,750
Message 7 of 27

and here one other one tag

Admin note: attachment showing s/n removed.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,739
Message 8 of 27

Upon checking, the warranty of your laptop is no longer active. You can check it here https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/warrantylookup using the serial number. For the Touchscreen issue, try the steps below:

1. Download the Firmware Update Utility below

http://download.lenovo.com/km/media/attachment/Yoga720%20FW.zip

2. Press Windows Key + X and uninstall Wacom Pen under Apps and Features.
3. Right click on Desktop Home Screen and take note of the recommended resolution under Display Settings.
4. Press Windows Key + X>Open Device Manager>Expand Monitors>Right click on Generic Php Monitor and select Properties. Under Details Tab, expand Property section to select Hardware IDs and write down the info (e.g. IVO).
5. Go to the folder where the firmware was extracted. Look for the Firmware using the Resolution and Hardware ID Information (See attached photo).

NOTE: For units with more than 1 firmware option begin with the updates in column 1 and test to confirm it resolves the issue. If this does not correct the problem apply the second firmware and test again. Do not use the machine during the update process. This may cause the firmware to fail.

6. Once the update is finished, the update window will close automatically. Restart the machine to complete the firmware update.
7. Check the Touchscreen afterwards.

Regards,

glentcge
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,728
Message 9 of 27

sorry I struggle to do thsi step "Look for the Firmware using the Resolution and Hardware ID Information (See attached photo)."

There was nothign attached. Which firmware shoudl I use?

glentcge
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,727
Message 10 of 27

My device ID is AUO112B

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors