cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snake2332
Token Ring
Views: 521
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 720 15 - Volume control in system tray, have to choose playback device EVERY TIME

I don't think this was happening before I got the Lenovo TB3 dock, but here's what happens:

I want to click on the volume icon in the system tray and adjust the volume. However, when I click on it, it pops up a single line of text titled "Speaker (ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3...)", then I have to click on it to expand the list of playback devices, then I to select the "Speaker (ThinkPad Thu...)" device, then it finally lets me change the volume. That's 3 clicks to do what 1 click SHOULD do. Seems like a Windows 10 issue to me, so I googled it and found absolutely nothing that's similar.

Of course I have this device set as my default playback device. Windows knows my defaults because I can push the physical volume keys on my keyboard and they adjust the correct default device. Not sure why the system tray icon is acting like this. It happens every time I click on the icon, even if I just did it 3 seconds prior.

An annoyance for sure. Just wondering if anyone has an idea of how to solve it. Don't tell me to just use my physical volume keys, haha, as they are kind of tucked under the desk unless I slide my keyboard tray out further.

snake2332
Token Ring
Views: 491
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 720 15 - Volume control in system tray, have to choose playback device EVERY TIME

I think this problem is only with the TB3 dock, and if I log out then back in after docking, the default device works properly. I usually end up with bad scaling issues after docking anyway and have to relog, so I guess I'll just consider this solved via a work-around.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors