Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snake2332
Token Ring
Views: 1,296
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 720 15" - Lenovo Settings is missing some stuff

Just got a new Yoga 720 15", fully loaded version. I saw on youtube (OwnOrDisown) that he was able to turn on the battery meter/gauge. I read that you open Lenovo Settings then click on the gear in the lower left. I have nothing useful in that section, and in the battery settings of Lenovo Settings there is nothing to add percentage to taskbar or similar. Windows 10 also has no built-in battery percentage display (really?) other than the never-convenient hover over the battery icon method.

Another setting that seems to be missing is the ability to control the Fn key. All of my F1 thru F12 keys are acting as multimedia keys, not as normal F1 thru F12 keys. Pushing Fn + ESC does not change the behavior. Looking in Lenovo Settings, there is nothing under Input...literally nothing...it has a couple spinning wheels for a few seconds then nada.

I made sure I have installed every single download for this machine from Lenovo, still no battery gauge option or Fn key toggle. I literally can not push CTRL + F4, for example. The Alt key also doesn't force the F4 function like I've seen before (like, intelligent Fn switching when you push alt).

I'm going to go make sure my BIOS is up to date and will report any change, though I doubt there will be. Kind of scratching my head here.

Otherwise, I'm loving this machine.

snake2332
Token Ring
Views: 1,293
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 720 15" - Lenovo Settings is missing some stuff

OK I got into the BIOS and disabled "Hotkey mode". This restored the F1-F12 keys back to their normal functions, and holding Fn works to do the hotkey functions. Previously, they worked as hotkeys only and pushing Fn + F1-F12 still did the hotkey.

Sadly, Fn + ESC doesn't toggle modes. I guess there is no Fn toggle now...except in Lenovo Settings which is SUPPOSED to have it but doesn't.

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,261
Message 3 of 4

Check your current Lenovo settings version. 3.164.00 is current.  Windows store, for current.

PF keys is another issue.

snake2332
Token Ring
Views: 1,248
Message 4 of 4

I went back into Lenovo Settings and it's all good now. Not sure if it auto-updated from the Store or what. I was downloading the version from Lenovo.com directly, which might be older. I now have the Hotkeys setting, as well as the battery gauge.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors