Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
loterius
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,447
Message 1 of 7

Yoga 720 15 - suddenly shuts into sleeping mode

Hello,

I am having an yoga 720 15 and i am having an problem with the sleeping mode. I have already change the settings of the screen into go sleeping mode after 20 minutes but my screen is going into sleeping mode( going black and need to fill in password) after only a few minutes, by not using the laptop. i have already installed the latest windows updates. Is it having something to do with the biosupdate i did to reduce the fan noise?  bios version 4MCN25WW

somebody have a clue for this annoying problem?

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

jakkaas
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,389
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga 720 15 - suddenly shuts into sleeping mode

It is going in to hibernate mode. go to your power option, then advance power option. here you will find an option for sleep. Click on that option, You fill find hibernate. Change Value as per your requirement. 

loterius
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,364
Message 3 of 7

thanks! that did the trick!.

mikehl
What's DOS?
Views: 1,252
Message 4 of 7

I have checked my advanced power options settings, and hibernate is off for both battery and plugged in modes. My Yoga 720 still goes into sleep mode after about 2 minutes of inactivity, despite having sleep mode set to 20 minutes in battery mode, and off in plugged in mode. Anyone else seeing this behavior, and/or have some suggestions as to what might be causing it?

Thanks, Mike

DebW23
What's DOS?
Views: 1,031
Message 5 of 7

I am in the same situation. My hibernation settings are both set for 180 minutes but the computer turns off after 2 min on battery.

(Not sure what it does when plugged in.)

~deb
ilpianista
What's DOS?
Views: 639
Message 6 of 7

I have a related problem with 720s 13. After locking, the laptop goes to sleep not following the timeouts specified in the Power Options. I checked every setting in the Power Options, both hidden (especially the System unattended sleep timeout, but even Allow sleep states) and visible. I checked the screensaver setting. I tried setting up a new Windows account. Nothing works. I installed a program called DontSleep and it succesfully prevents the PC from sleeping only if the "Screensaver / Turn off monitor" option is enabled. Indeed, the laptop goes to sleep immediately after the display turns off while in the lock screen. However, it should be possible to turn off the display and prevent the laptop from sleeping.

DebW23
What's DOS?
Views: 612
Message 7 of 7

Yes, that is how I worked around the problem too.  I changed the settings to never go into sleep mode and now all is well.

Thanks for your input.  =]

Top Kudoed Authors