02-10-2018 01:04 AM
I am really pissed that i am having this issue for a couple of weeks now! I only have the Yoga for 3 months. Very very disaapointed with the battery so far. Here it is:
1) Yoga would turn off after 4-5 minutes of work without AC connected.
2)Yoga is stuck on 82% battery life for weeks now (doesnt show that it is discharging since im not connecting it to the power supply in order to try and drain the battery).Says Plugged in not chraging. Conservation mode is not active!
3) Tried to install a BIOS update that was suggested but it would not update from the BIOS boot up with the error message "AC not connected" while in reality it is connected.
Don't know what to do really. Anyone has a suggestion on this maybe? Otherwise the laptop is great but if it won't work off charge so what is the point?
Please LEVONO help!
02-28-2018 05:26 AM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
Sounds like there will be an issue with the battery itself, or perhaps the motherboard here.
I`d recommend that you try a new charger or battery and see if either of these is able to help at all.
If not, it will likely be a motherboard problem.
Try a static discharge for this, it may help to resolve the issue or at least get rid of any built up static on the motherboard.
(If the battery is internal, please just skip the remove/replace battery steps.)
1. Turn the unit off
2. Remove the battery and the Mains adapter
3. Press and hold the front power button for 30 seconds
4. Replace the battery and the Mains adapter
5. Turn the unit on as normal
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.