Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zehith
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,254
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 720-15IKB Audio/jack problem

Hello!
In the past few days, my yoga laptop has been having this issue where if I unplug my headphones once, they won't work again till I reinstall my driver and restart my laptop.  However, once they are unplugged again I'm back at square one.  I've tried with three different set of headphones (different two earbuds and one normal over the ear type) and I have the same issue.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Realtek High Definition Audio driver a lot of times in these past few days.  I've even tried installing it via redownloading the file from the lenovo support page and nothing seems to work.  Once the headphones are unplugged, only my speakers work.  It is like the laptop kind of recognizes that the headphones are plugged in, but will not play sound through them.

I've also noticed that when I start playing music (while the music is still picking up my headphones) the music will start really quiet and then suddenly get VERY loud at random despite the volume number it is on.  Once it gets louder, it stays that way until the headphones are unplugged.  Then, I hear nothing once replugging them in.

I'm not sure what to do and I hope I can get some help.

Thanks!

UdinDragon
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,141
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 720-15IKB Audio/jack problem

Hi Zehith,

I have the same problem too, all of sudden without noticing since when it happened. My audio jack will only work once and will never work again after second plug in.

Exactly the same issue as yours "It's like the laptop kind of recognizes that the headphones are plugged in, but will not play sound through them".

But i don't need to reinstall the driver to make it work again. it will work again after a restart or a sleep.

I tried the same thing as you, reinstalling Realtek High Definition Audio driver multiple times, i even tried to use both from Realtek website and Lenovo website. but nothing work. I tried with System Restore, but it didn't work either.

This is my topic post

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-720-13-audio-jack-detects-headphone-o...

Have you managed to fix this issue ? i am running out of idea how to solve this issue
jupis
Paper Tape
Views: 86
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 720-15IKB Audio/jack problem

Hi,
It is March of 2019, the problem is still there. No answers from Lenovo here, either.
I'll post this in public reviews and on FB, that sometimes gets their attention (bad PR, not the pesky Lenovo owners and users).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors