Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Uskach_Michael
Paper Tape
Views: 642
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 720-15IKB BIOS Problems

My laptop has some weird problems on the lastest BIOS 4MCN31WWV2.03. Sometimes it seems that computer runs the coolers in turbo boost mode when I'm using it on battery saving mode. I'm still getting blue screens every 2-3 days, but after reboot everything works well. What should I do? Does somebody have the same issue like mine machine has? Should I go back to previous "loud" BIOS version?

My config: i7, 8gb RAM, 256 ssd, gtx1050

cem_kil
Punch Card
Views: 594
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 720-15IKB BIOS Problems

Hello I have same problem. Coolers are boosting so loud and getting blue screen code with fastboot.sys. Do you have same problem?

Uskach_Michael
Paper Tape
Views: 578
Message 3 of 5

No, I have Bad_Pool_Header issue and after some google research attemps Iэму comу to cinclution that this is Windows's bug, and for now I have no idea what to do. But now fans are working really quietly and get loud only under heavy load like 3d rendering. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 573
Message 4 of 5

@Uskach_Michael wrote:

My laptop has some weird problems on the lastest BIOS 4MCN31WWV2.03. Sometimes it seems that computer runs the coolers in turbo boost mode when I'm using it on battery saving mode. I'm still getting blue screens every 2-3 days, but after reboot everything works well. What should I do? Does somebody have the same issue like mine machine has? Should I go back to previous "loud" BIOS version?

My config: i7, 8gb RAM, 256 ssd, gtx1050

First thing to do is the usual "update everything." Download and use Lenovo Vantage to make sure all your drivers are up to date. I see you have the latest BIOS, so that's good. If the issue persists, use Event Viewer > Windows > System to see if an error was logged aroud the time of the BSODs. That could give a clue as to what caused it. Also helps to have any information the blue screen displayed. 

Next time the fans race, launch Task Manager and see what's hogging the resources. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 570
Message 5 of 5

@Uskach_Michael wrote:

No, I have Bad_Pool_Header issue and after some google research attemps Iэму comу to cinclution that this is Windows's bug, and for now I have no idea what to do. But now fans are working really quietly and get loud only under heavy load like 3d rendering. 

I'd start with making sure all drivers and BIOS are up to date. See if that fixes things.

If not, make a note of what's running when you get the Bad_Pool_Header message. If it's happening with the same software running, you might want to see if there's a newer version of said software.

You can also run hardware diagnostics from Lenovo Vantage to rule out RAM issues. It's more likely to be a bad driver, older BIOS or buggy software.  

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors