Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SactoTK
What's DOS?
Views: 3,245
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 720-15IKB (FHD) color calibration

I just bought this machine and the display color is rather yucky and washed out. I did play with color calibration in the Windows 10 settings, and was able to match my existing monitor by turning red and green way down and then cranking up the saturation in Intel UHD 630 settings. The problem is, the screen now gives me headache because blue is turned up relative to red and green. So now I'm looking to see if I have the right color profile to begin with.

The color profile associated with the monitor was "sRGB display profile with display hardware configuration set to.." Is this the right profile for this laptop? I did search and I couldn't find the color profile for this laptop. Microsoft site says I need to get the monitor driver, not the display/graphics driver, but I don't find that either. Does anybody know where I can find the downloadable color profile for this model?

SactoTK
What's DOS?
Views: 3,187
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 720-15IKB (FHD) color calibration

Solved. Lenovo support got me the latest driver for HD630 and it was night and day! The colors now match my existing monitor by default. FYI, it is:

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/fcy603af.exe

I still have no idea why the machine I got came with such a yucky color..

SactoTK
What's DOS?
Views: 3,181
Message 3 of 5

I'll have to take it back. the new driver installation did not reset the Windows 10 color calibration and it was still in calibrated state. When I reset the calibration to the default, the problem was still the same: it has too much green and the colors were yucky. In other words, the new driver did not fix anything.

LenovoFan55
Punch Card
Views: 2,157
Message 4 of 5

I have the same problem on my x280 FHD Touch screen.  There is a yellow tint I cannot change, which is very noticeable when next to my 24 inch external monitor which has the "normal" white colors.  I have researched this extensively and have drawn the conclusion that there there is no solution.  Is this a correct assumption?

SactoTK
What's DOS?
Views: 2,153
Message 5 of 5

@LenovoFan55 wrote:

I have the same problem on my x280 FHD Touch screen.  There is a yellow tint I cannot change, which is very noticeable when next to my 24 inch external monitor which has the "normal" white colors.  I have researched this extensively and have drawn the conclusion that there there is no solution.  Is this a correct assumption?

Try playing around with color calibration. You can right click on the desktop and then select Intel Driver thing. I added blue and substracted green/red and the color balance seems a little better. Nothing close to true color, but at least it is less yucky.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors