cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Googlesomething
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 287
Message 1 of 1

Yoga 720-15IKB Intel HD Graphics 630 & Nvidia Gefore GTX 1050 BSOD. No Intel DCH support for 3+ week

My pc is no longer detecting my Nvidia GPU (Code 45) as of december 6th, 2018. On occasion, after a restart, the GPU will be detected in device manager as connected and working properly. When entering the properties menu of the card, the properties box will stop responding then BSOD with the following error codes. 

• PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
  • VIDEO_DXGRKNL_FATAL_ERROR
  • SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

This PC has switchable graphics with integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 that is the only display adapter shown in device manager. When the "show hidden devices" option is enabled, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 is shown but grayed out with stop code 45. 

Switchable graphics is enabled in BIOS

Fast Startup is disabled in BIOS

Prior to the update around November 29th, 2018, both Display adapters were able to switch between eachother automatically depending on what I was using the PC for. 

Solutions I have already attempted:

• Cleaned the Registry
  • Uninstalled nvidia display adapter (including driver software) from device manager and uninstalled all nvidia labeled programs fromwindows programs list, then restarted PC.
  • Command "sfc /scannow" completed with possible corrupted files found and repaired. No change to GPU operation.
  • Windows Memory Check ran and passed. 
  • Turning Fast Startup off.
  • Using device manger to scan for driver updates for the Nvidia GPU.
  • I attempted to download and install udated drivers from NVIDIA . The .exe was downloaded but the installer failed to update my Nvidia GPU as it is listed as disconnected in the device manager. 

Ideas on what's wrong:

• Lenovo's lack of support for the new Intel DCH Drivers. Intel's DCH Driver download page prompts you to install the manufacturer recommended drivers and links to a list of manufactures that support it. Lenovo is one of the biggest manufactures that are excluded from that list. 

Has anyone had any similar issues? I've been attempting to fix this for 3+ weeks now with no luck. 

This is extremely frustrating. Especially for this to render my pc nearly useless during finals week and the holiday season. The intel integrated HD graphics is unable to handle Solidworks and other intensive CAD programs while I am unable to play any games as an error is thrown stating I lack the supported graphics card. My warranty expired the end of September this year to make it even more frustrating. 

This is my second laptop from Lenovo, the first being the Y500 in 2013. I chose to buy the Yoga 720 because I had a positive experience with the Y500. In the future, I had planned to buy another Lenovo laptop, however these constant headaches from extended periods of lack of support of third party components and nagging updates of proprietary bloatware is making me reconsider my consumer choices.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors