Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nergal
What's DOS?
Views: 1,642
Message 1 of 9

Yoga 720-15IKB Tactile Screen not working

Hello,

I have just purchased a Yoga 720-15IKB last week which worked perfectly until yesterday, where the tactile stopped working. Everything seems ok but I cannot use the tactile.

What can I do?

psychrage
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,592
Message 2 of 9

Re: Yoga 720-15IKB Tactile Screen not working

I bought mine months ago and the touch screen worked fine until about 2 weeks ago. I've tired updating all the drivers. I thought it was tied to a windows update from 11/22, which I uninstalled. Didn't fix it, so I reinstalled that update.

There are other posts about this from the last few weeks. No fixes. No clue what happened.

JoQCcoz
Paper Tape
Views: 1,571
Message 3 of 9

I also have the same problem.
I received my Yoga 720-15IKB Laptop (Model 80X7009XCF) on nov 17th and it's my 3rd episode of touchscreen failure. Updating, reverting and reinstalling drivers worked the first two times but yesterday (dec 6th) i founf no workaround to ressucitate my touchscreen. There was no Windows update nor driver updates on that day. Since the problem occured, i made sure everything was up to date. I aso restored my computer to a restore point from nov 29th. I uninstalled my antivirus and also updated bios. Nothing seems to work. This is getting frustrating.

My error comes from the Wacom driver. I also tried a newer version available on wacom website but no dice. The error message is still the same: 

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

A request for the HID descriptor failed.

It seems like my computer doesn't recognized that i have a touchscreen on my computer. The I/O intel driver is also up to date. The only thing i still have to try is a fresh install of everything but I dont feel confident about the outcome.

JoQCcoz
Paper Tape
Views: 1,557
Message 4 of 9

Ok so it started working again. I don't really know why. The only thing I changed is that i disabled the Secure Boot option from the UEFI/bios. I don't know yet if this is what fixed it but for now it seems to work.
JoQCcoz
Paper Tape
Views: 1,546
Message 5 of 9

Nvm it  died again as i was writing with the stylusin one note. Rebooting the computer didn't do anything.

psychrage
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,544
Message 6 of 9

For me, my pen works fine. Touch does not.

Device manager shows the touch screen under hid devices, Says it's functioning fine.

Control Panel -> Tablet PC Settings shows "Pen and Limited Touch Support".

There's no reason it shouldn't work, especially out of no where. Touch worked fine for months.

JoQCcoz
Paper Tape
Views: 1,542
Message 7 of 9

Mine is all or nothing.
When it doesn't work: "No pen or touch input available for this device"
When it works: 10 points pen and touch device or something like that

Also i have no clear device named HID touchscreen in device manager. I have two I2C HID device and the Wacom device. Wacom is the one isn't functioning 

Jade26
What's DOS?
Views: 936
Message 8 of 9

Hello! I have also the same problem. The pen works fine but I can`t use the touchscreen. It worked fine for several months. I don`t know what happened. Did you find a solution for this problem? Thanks!

Nergal
What's DOS?
Views: 921
Message 9 of 9

I tried everything but nothing worked. I had to send it back for repair but it was very fast. I had no issue since then.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors