Options

1 Posts

04-04-2019

FI

6 Signins

69 Page Views

• Views: 69
  • Message 1 of 1

(Yoga 720-15IKB) need a way to disable integrated graphics/force games to use GTX 1050 graphics card

2019-04-04, 20:23 PM

Im getting bad performance in couple of games since my laptops seems to be fond of running games on the integrated (intel Hd Graphics 630) graphic card instead of using the dedicated graphic card (GTX 1050)

I'm wondering whether or not it is possible to disable integrated (intel hd) graphics completely and only use the dedicated graphcis card for gaming

Using rivatuner I monitored couple of games, and noticed that my laptop is not using the full potential of my dedicated graphics card. Picture related

I have tried :

a) Setting the preferred graphic processor to "high performance NVIDIA processor" in Nvidia controll panel, (I also set the power management mode to  "Prefer maxmimum performance") -> Didn't fix this problem

b) disabling intel Hd Graphics 630 from Device Manager. Unfortunately that seems to disable GTX 1050 too, since im unable to open the  Nvidia control panel, an error message saying "NVIDIA Display settings are not available. you are not currently using a display attached to an Nvidia gpu". So im forced to keep hd graphics enabled. Also the games won't run at all. -> didn't fix this problem.

This is a huge bummer, since I theoretically should have a laptop that can run these games easilly with good framerates, but the integrated graphics card keeps ruining my day.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save