03-26-2018

US

8 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga 720 15ikb 135 watt PSU

2019-07-07, 7:11 AM

I have a YOGA 720 is first generation (i think). Going on a trip I had forgoten my power supply at home so i went online  and found out it is speced for a 135 watt power supply. Even though I was in Chicago there were no 135 watt to be found in stock but i found several 90 watt so i got one and just throttled down my system and was careful. Everything worked fine. I got home and checked to see what what my Lenevo Supplied PSU was and it is a 90 watt, not 135 watt that the machine was speced for. My original power supply always runs hot but I gave it no thought (in my experience/use they all run hot) and at peak use my system would seem to fade and had at times actually started using battery and ac power simultaneously (pretty sure) under real heavy load.First question: Is/was this because I have an inadequet PSU?  Why did Lenovo send me the smaller AC Power adapter/charger? and Should I buy a 135 watt? I know there are other electrical values/numbers that are important too I am using the most obvious discrepency for example at the moment.

Trent

Options

379 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

114 Signins

4667 Page Views

• Views: 4667
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 720 15ikb 135 watt PSU

2019-12-25, 21:13 PM

Hi ,

Sorry for the late reply as we just joined the boards, I checked on parts and accessories compatibility matrix https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/solutions/accs-guide and there is no 135w charger listed as compatible. This is Lenovo's guide on tried and tested charger and other accessories that definitely wont fry a de vice in the long run. Electrical values and rating is important for safety reasons.

Regards

Jeremy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save