Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
htrent
Paper Tape
Views: 94
Message 1 of 1

Yoga 720 15ikb 135 watt PSU

I have a YOGA 720 is first generation (i think). Going on a trip I had forgoten my power supply at home so i went online  and found out it is speced for a 135 watt power supply. Even though I was in Chicago there were no 135 watt to be found in stock but i found several 90 watt so i got one and just throttled down my system and was careful. Everything worked fine. I got home and checked to see what what my Lenevo Supplied PSU was and it is a 90 watt, not 135 watt that the machine was speced for. My original power supply always runs hot but I gave it no thought (in my experience/use they all run hot) and at peak use my system would seem to fade and had at times actually started using battery and ac power simultaneously (pretty sure) under real heavy load.First question: Is/was this because I have an inadequet PSU?  Why did Lenovo send me the smaller AC Power adapter/charger? and Should I buy a 135 watt? I know there are other electrical values/numbers that are important too I am using the most obvious discrepency for example at the moment.

Trent

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors