US

7 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 1 of 4

Yoga 720-15ikb USB issue

2018-04-09, 22:48 PM

Hello everyone,

I have been having issue with USB, it is really annoying, that's why I would like to ask if someone has similiar issue with this laptop and whether someone knows how to fix this.

Laptop boots normally to the main OS on the SSD, everything seems to be working fine. However when I attach an USB device to the laptop, it acts little crazy. When I connect 1 or 2 devices on those USB ports on the laptop, they seems to be working most of the time (not always). However when I connect them to some hub (even self powered hub or Thunderbolt 3 enclourse with power supply) it acts ok, but sometimes it is having hiccups. For example, if i connect keyboard, the keyboard is typing fine but sometimes it randomly holds the key which was last pressed, but the keyboard is still being powered and is not bliking like it is loosing power. The main issue is with Windows To Go USB drive, which works on any other computer except this one. When I boot to the windows, it is good during idle, but when I try to intall something the drive goes to 100% activity time and 0 write 0 read and freezes. I have to replug the drive, but then it ussualy gets blue screen. Also if I'm coping something to or from any USB drive, which takes longer (also in the main OS) it freezes like this too.

Options

1810 Posts

12-13-2016

US

4527 Signins

43601 Page Views

• Views: 43601
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 720-15ikb USB issue

2018-04-10, 19:23 PM

First, make sure everything is up to date. Especially chipset drivers and BIOS. Download and use Lenovo Vantage to do it automatically, or visit the support page.  Might do that anyway to make sure Vantage grabbed the most recent BIOS.  

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Options

2 Posts

04-09-2018

US

7 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 3 of 4

2018-04-10, 22:41 PM

Hello, thanks for the answer. I have already done that, it just not copying files from any USB device, after few seconds it freezes. Also device won't boot when I have TB3 enclousure connected.

Options

1810 Posts

12-13-2016

US

4527 Signins

43601 Page Views

• Views: 43601
  • Message 4 of 4

2018-04-10, 22:57 PM

If everything is up to date, then it sounds like an issue with the dock. Might contact the maker for newer drivers.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save