cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sykdan2188
Paper Tape
Views: 892
Message 1 of 9

Yoga-720-15ikb touch screen not working (partially?)

Hello dear lenovo community, I came here to ask for help about a problem I started having, and that is, the touch screen is simply not working. I've tried uninstalling and then installing the driver, disabling and enabling the driver, booting to safe mode, nothing helped. The touch screen is dead. Strangely, the wacom pen that came with the notebook still works. I can use it with the touchscreen with no problems at all. Also, I've installed a few windows updates to see if that helps me, and after the update I've got this error popup on the lockscreen, I don't remember what it was saying exactly, but it mentioned the words "tablet" and "file not found or you have no permission to access it". I can't tell if it's related to the problem here or no.

I'm on Windows 10 home version 1809 with installation date 25. feb. 2019. Note that the screen still worked after this update, I last used the touchscreen on 9. mar. 2019.

thanks for help in advance!

K256
What's DOS?
Views: 845
Message 2 of 9

Re: Yoga-720-15ikb touch screen not working (partially?)

I have the same problem Smiley Sad very frustrating. I was told to reinstall Windows. Still haven't tried it as I need to back everything up but I will let you know how it goes.

sykdan2188
Paper Tape
Views: 823
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for your reply. Please, tell me if a windows reinstall has fixed the problem. I don't want to wipe everything on my laptop and then discover it was useless. Thanks!

-sykdan2188

DanDensley
What's DOS?
Views: 790
Message 4 of 9

Same here. Recent Windows update seems to have broken the Touch Screen drivers - pen still works. It would be nice if Lenovo at least acknowledged the problem.
Highlighted
K256
What's DOS?
Views: 786
Message 5 of 9

Don't bother wiping your laptop, it didn't work for me

K256
What's DOS?
Views: 784
Message 6 of 9

I actually have a 121ikb, it didn't come with a pen so I don't know whether the pen would work. Do you think we just need to wait until they fix the issue with a newer update? Is there any point in taking it to the repair shop?

sykdan2188
Paper Tape
Views: 726
Message 7 of 9

Any updates on this?
izodiaks
What's DOS?
Views: 605
Message 8 of 9

I have the same problem, but seem's like Lenovo, Microsoft cant find a patch/update for a long time. Been searching and looking and reinstalling, rebooting etc.. Nothing helps. (After one windows update in january 2018 it started, but You cant rollback your hid-touchscreen drivers, cant find 'old ones')
Agoshtas
What's DOS?
Views: 436
Message 9 of 9

I also have the Yoga 720 laptop - 15ikb and have the exact same issue. The touchscreen does not work with my finger, but with the wacom pen it works. Noticed this after a windows/lenovo update, but can't pinpoint which one. 

Is there anyone at Lenovo working on creating a resolution for this? 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors