Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boj27
Blue Screen Again
Views: 779
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 720-15ikb

Hello,

i am thinking of getting the laptop above, but I have a few concerns.

1) is the wireless card in it already an intel 8265ac card? Is not, can it be upgraded with a FRU 01AX704? I'm not sure if it's compatible with the bios whitelist on this machine and my googling skills haven't come back with much!

2) what make is the SSD in this machine? Is it PCIE-NVME based? It only says 256gb. Can hard drives be replaced for any model or does it have to be in the whitelist like wireless cards? I'm hoping it's a Samsung pro 960 256gb!

3) I've also heard it's hard to install windows from scratch on these machines due to the controller for the hard drive being set to RAID rather than AHCI/NVME, which means windows doesn't detect it upon installation. I've heard there's a bios out there now which allows AHCI to be selected from the bios so it makes it straight forward enough (a lot of linux users wanted this!) but Lenovo have said it may cause issues with performance if installing windows through this way? Is this just Lenovo covering their backs or is this a genuine concern?

any clarification on the bottom point would be great.

thanks!

flintstone99
Serial Port
Views: 644
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 720-15ikb

kind of a late answer, but maybe it still helps.

I do have the yoga 720-15 with 512GB SSD and is a Samsung NVMe pm961 type.....the OEM version. yes, installed as RAID, but you can move to AHCI in Bios w/o reinstalling windows.

mine has the 8265 WIFi card.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors