Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjcma
Punch Card
Views: 261
Message 1 of 7

Yoga 720 - Active pen 2 never turned on

I purchased a Lenovo yoga 720 earlier this year, however the active pen 2 has never turned on using the button at the top (no light has come on and neither of the buttons towards the nib provide any function), I can use the pen to point and on contact it will draw, however the quality seems poor. If I remove the battery then it will not draw or write on contact, I have tried two newly purchased batteries without any success.

I contacted the UK customer service as that is where I had purchased it (with a worldwide warranty), however as I am now living in Cambodia they could only offer solutions of reinstalling drivers or purchasing a new pen locally. I tried taking it to a local Lenovo authorised service centre, whilst they were keen to try and help they either lacked the knowhow or the parts to repair it and were not authorised to request a replacement.

Are there any other options available to me here? I'm not really satisfied with the service I've been receiving. I don't really want to pay a further $60 for a replacement for something which should have been working upon receiving it. Might the Thai or Vietnamese customer service be able to provide assistance with this?

I appreciate I should have got onto it when I was back in the UK, however I had other priorities and it didn't get done.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 228
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga 720 - Active pen 2 never turned on

Hi rjcma,

We'd like to see how we can help you out. May I know if this Active Pen 2 was included on the laptop when you purchase it or did you bought it separately as accessory.

Kindly provide the information needed below and send it to me via private message. Also, if you can provide a copy of the original receipt.

Customer’s Name:
Date of purchase:
Email address:
Phone no:
Model Number: Yoga 720
Serial number /imei number:

Looking forward to your message.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

rjcma
Punch Card
Views: 204
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for your response, I sent the information to you yesterday.
rjcma
Punch Card
Views: 159
Message 4 of 7

Hi, it's nearly been a month and I've not received any reply or acknowledgement from you after I sent the message with the information you requested. Could you please provide information as to whether there has been any progress on this?
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 152
Message 5 of 7

Hi Rjcma! we sent you a private message. Please check and reply to the same message. Thanks. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

rjcma
Punch Card
Views: 143
Message 6 of 7

Hi, I checked my messages and there have been no new messages received. I've sent the information that had previously been requested to LenovoSupport

Is it possible there is a forum bug that's preventing me from seeing the messages in my inbox?
rjcma
Punch Card
Views: 89
Message 7 of 7

Ok, it's now been three months since I opened this topic, and there's still been no action, no further messages since my last post in this topic, and no acknowledgement to any more recent messages to the staff members who I had communicated with.

This is really unacceptable. Can you please sort this out? I'm requesting either an RMA or a new pen to be sent out. If this is not possible then please state so and why, don't leave me hanging for months on end.

I'm certainly never buying a Lenovo product again if this is the type of customer service I can expect from them.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors