Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SoxFan82
Fanfold Paper
Views: 217
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 720 - Audio delay when connected to HDMI

When I'm hooked up to HDMI and connected to a TV, projector, anything really, when I play a video there's no audio for about a second, and then it kicks in, correctly synced with the video. I have to manually rewind back to the beginning to hear the audio from the first second. I use this laptop for multimedia presentations which is why I really need to fix this problem.  When using my on-board speakers, I have no problems with audio.

This happens across any kind of video, whether it's streaming (youtube, etc), local video thru Windows Media Player or other apps, or video embedded in Powerpoint. In fact, when I check my audio settings and test the speakers, I can hear the problem there, too. The local speakers will play the sounds immiediately, but when I switch over to the HDMI-connected output, there's a delay there, too.

I'm using a genuine Lenovo USB-C hub hooked up to a new HDMI cable. I've tried other USB-C hubs and  other HDMI cables, and hooked everything into various TVs and projectors...makes no difference,

I have the latest BIOS, latest video drivers, audio drivers, etc. All windows updates are in. I have all "audio extras" turned off. 

I'm at a loss here. Other than getting a new laptop with a different brand, what can I do to make this issue stop?

Thanks in advance all. 

pdcr
What's DOS?
Views: 158
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 720 - Audio delay when connected to HDMI

I have the same problem on a Yoga 730 IWL. Would be nice to have a fix for this.

mikaelbasmaci
Punch Card
Views: 72
Message 3 of 4

I have the same problem with my Yoga 730-13IWL. At my case I don't even have to connect with HDMI... I use my jack earphones and the delay is there as well.

There is no delay with the built-in speakers.

Any news on this problem?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 63
Message 4 of 4

Hi! Are you using a docking station? If yes, may we know what is the model? You may want to check if there updates for the docking station. Just to make sure that everything is up to date, run the update through the Lenovo Vantage app. Install available updates and restart the laptop then check if the issue persist. Let us know.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors