03-22-2018

LT

30 Signins

93 Page Views

• Views: 93
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga 720 BSOD when charging

2018-04-26, 19:47 PM

When computer has 0-40% battery charge and is plugged in to power BSOD is thrown. The issue appeared the first time I turned on the computer and the problem still persists

This is what has already been done:

1. Re-installed Windows that I got from Microsoft.

2. Updated BIOS

3. Re-installed OS using Lenovo Recovery Media

4. Ran Lenovo Diagnostic tool. All tests passed

5. Contacted seller (Lenovo Platinum PC Parter) they sent laptop to their service partner (problem wasn't diagnosed)

6. Contacted the seller again. Laptop was sent to their service partner (again), they re+installed windows and said that the problem was due to bad drivers update. When I received the device problem still persisted.

7. Shipped the device to the same repair center because they are the only ones in my country who are authorized by Lenovo to repair these series laptops. Finally, they found the problem but they can't tell what it is caused by because Lenovo doesn't let them open up the device. The only thing they are offering is to swap components one by one and to diagnose the problem this way, but if they do that it voids the Lenovo warranty. So, I asked them to write diagnostics conclusion that says the computer has a faulty hardware component.

I sent diagnostics conclusion to the seller, but they will not replace the unit because I refused them to diagnose the problem swapping components one by one.

I found couple cases where same model had the same problem. In both cases computers were replaced.

Source:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/bsod-after-plugging-charger/174e7790-31b2-474e-8766-32ef32eb8826

I tried to contact Lenovo, but it seems that there is no one who represents Lenovo in Lithuania.

I am absolutely frustrated at this point because the authorized repair center can't solve the issue without voiding the warranty and the seller refuses to replace the unit or even to refund money. I don't really know what should I do at this point. Is there someone at Lenovo who could help me with  this issue ?

Options

4 Posts

05-03-2018

IT

24 Signins

192 Page Views

• Views: 192
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 720 BSOD when charging

2018-05-08, 22:23 PM

I've the same issue, the notebook is useless when charging. Tomorrow i will contact the lenovo support

Options

7 Posts

03-22-2018

LT

30 Signins

93 Page Views

• Views: 93
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 720 BSOD when charging

2018-05-17, 10:28 AM

I had motherboard and battery replaced. It didn't solve the issue. The lenovo service partner ran out of ideas what to do. The problem is that the seller is not replacing the unit. No one from lenovo can help too. I have a laptop that doesn't work and no one seems to be able to help. I seen 3 people with the same issue in two cases the laptops were replaced. I am sending the laptop to the lenovo service parter again to get their definite service summary that the laptop can't be fixed and try to deal with the seller again.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete