Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

04-27-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 4

Yoga 720 Built-In camera not found and now built-in camera missing

2021-04-27, 17:13 PM

I have a Yoga 720, MTM 81C3000LUS and my camera completely stopped working. It gives error code 0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent> (0x80070018). Previously it said camera couldn't be found. I went to Device Manager and the Camera was not there so I went to View>  Hidden devices and scanned for hardware changes. Now the camera is on the list but the built-in camera is missing (I can see the USB Boot, but trying to plug in a camera is also not being recognized). Please help, my kindergartener needs her camera to enter classes.  Please help!

Options

4371 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

353 Signins

33502 Page Views

• Views: 33502
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Yoga 720 Built-In camera not found and now built-in camera missing

2021-04-27, 17:27 PM

Hello @ XPace!

Thanks for posting here at the Community Forums!

Try resetting the Yoga 720 laptop first then launch the Camera again.

If that will not work, try to download/update the Yoga 720's Camera driver through this link, restart the device and test it again.

Also, launch the Lenovo Vantage app and search for driver updates (other) that can be also downloaded/installed.

Update us how it goes.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Options

3 Posts

04-27-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-04-27, 19:21 PM

Great!  This helped a little so it gave me hope :)   Now the camera comes up, but it stays black. No error is given, but the view is black and the light by the camera is no longer on.  In addition, when looking in "Device Manager", "Cameras" is now visible, but only "USB Boot" (no built-in).  I tried looking for hidden devices in this area to no avail and an outside camera with a USB cord is also still not pulling up images (despite saying that it was ready).  Under Lenovo Vantage, under "Display & Camera", the camera section says "Camera is in Use, Another app is using the camera. Close the app and try again."  I attempted to reset it in this area, but nothing happened so I reset it under "Settings"> Camera.  Same black screen.  I attempted to take a picture anyway and got "Something went wrong, If you need it here's the error code: 0xA00F4240<Unknown> (0x80004003)" and "0xA00F4292<PhotoCaptureStartTimeout>"

Options

4371 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

353 Signins

33502 Page Views

• Views: 33502
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-04-27, 20:47 PM

@ XPace wrote:

Great!  This helped a little so it gave me hope :)   Now the camera comes up, but it stays black. No error is given, but the view is black and the light by the camera is no longer on.  In addition, when looking in "Device Manager", "Cameras" is now visible, but only "USB Boot" (no built-in).  I tried looking for hidden devices in this area to no avail and an outside camera with a USB cord is also still not pulling up images (despite saying that it was ready).  Under Lenovo Vantage, under "Display & Camera", the camera section says "Camera is in Use, Another app is using the camera. Close the app and try again."  I attempted to reset it in this area, but nothing happened so I reset it under "Settings"> Camera.  Same black screen.  I attempted to take a picture anyway and got "Something went wrong, If you need it here' the error code: 0xA00F4240 (0x80004003)" and "0xA00F4292"

Thanks for the update @ XPace!

Disconnect devices that are currently connected to your Yoga 720 (USB flash drive, external keyboard/mice, HDMI cables etc.), restart the device and test it again.

If there's no devices that are connected into it, load the BIOS settings into defaults by pressing FN + F9 then highlight/select YES followed by FN + F10 then highlight/select YES again to save the changes & exit then try the Camera again.

BIOS Setup can be accessed by pressing the Novo button hole that's located in the left-side view of the machine, make sure that the laptop is turned OFF first before pressing.

Should the above steps didn't worked, proceed in performing a clean boot to your device.

Make sure to backup the files that you have to avoid any data loss.

Please click this link to see the steps on how clean boot can be done.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms