Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
InsanityOnABun
Fanfold Paper
Views: 486
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 720 CPU Temps Spike Over 90C

(Support site ID's laptop as "Yoga 720-13IKB (Type 81C3) Laptop (ideapad)")

I've had this laptop for about 2 months, and I've noticed that the CPU temps regularly spike abnormally high when under any kind of load. I do Android development on this laptop, so when compiling (which usually takes less than 30 seconds) the CPU is under decent load. It surprises me that the cooling in this laptop is so sub-par that it will allow the CPU to approach 100 degrees Celsius after less than a minute of actual work. I've looked at the fan setting in the BIOS and it is set to Performance. I've looked into NoteBook Fan Control, but there doesn't seem to be a reliable profile for this laptop. I don't care about fan noise - I do care about drastically lower lifespan due to inefficient cooling. Please provide a method to ramp up the fans for halfway decent cooling, or give us the needed registers for NBFC so we can do it ourselves.

InsanityOnABun
Fanfold Paper
Views: 432
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 720 CPU Temps Spike Over 90C

Someone please provide some information to get better cooling on this machine. Regularly at 90C is insane.
flintstone99
Serial Port
Views: 410
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 720 CPU Temps Spike Over 90C

Hi,

I am using Throttlestop to undervolt the cpu and you can also switch off turbo or reduce the speedshift.

Regards

Dietmar

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors