Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gdeal
Not applicable
Views: 7,717
Message 11 of 786

Re: Yoga 720 Display Issue

Can confirm that it does not appear on the Bios screen. Also does not appear when an external monitor is connected. Laptop is infront of external monitor. (Sorry for potatoe quality...)0_0711170717.jpg

rypoo
Not applicable
Views: 7,667
Message 12 of 786

I had the same problem with mine before I exchanged it.

It's definitely a hardware problem - when I flip my laptop upside down the black bar would go back in place temporarily, but eventually come back down.

fbordin
Not applicable
Views: 7,644
Message 13 of 786

Hi Andy, Could you tell me how can I access to the BIOS in the Lenovo yoga 720?.

I can confirm does not appear using an external monitor.

Highlighted
Euvy
Not applicable
Views: 7,629
Message 14 of 786

Another defective device reporting in. Same black line in the same top right position. Randomly appeared after about a month of use. Appears on everything except BIOS.

IMG_0983.JPG

Sent in to depot and was pleasantly surprised by the fast turn out, but the line remains...

IMG_1056.JPG

Now unsure whether I should wait it out until Lenovo addresses the issue, or attempt to send it in again. A part of me has a creeping suspicion that the results would just be the same.

Thok15
Not applicable
Views: 7,611
Message 15 of 786

OK guys, the black bar is present on the BIOS screen. It is just very very very hard to see because it is in the dark area at the top of the BIOS screen. You will not be able to see it there without magnification. This photo was taken with a high quality 10X magnifier (Hastings Triplett lens) held against an iPhone 7 camera. 

Open the full version of the attached image and max your screen brightness to see the black bar on the BIOS screen.

I believe that this is probably a hardware problem with the LCD panel because the black bar is present in Windows, and on the BIOS screen, but is not present on an external monitor.

Thok15
Not applicable
Views: 7,608
Message 16 of 786

To access the BIOS, power down, then use a paper clip to press the tiny recessed  "Novo" button on the left side of the 720.

cworkman74
Not applicable
Views: 7,596
Message 17 of 786

Tonight, I noticed this exact issue on my Yoga 720 15 (purchased from Best Buy 2 weeks ago.) I guess I'll be contacting Lenovo support tomorrow. It's definitely a hardware issue. 

I'm concerned because I have a second unit that I bought for my wife being delivered tomorrow. I'm worried it will have the issue as well. 

This appears to be a relatively widespread quality issue.

fbordin
Not applicable
Views: 7,569
Message 18 of 786

Hi Andy, I confirm that the line is present in the BIOS. Such as Thok15 noted, is very hard to see. In the BIOS these pixeles are black, then the line isn't appreciate

attached other photos.

IMG_20170714_074259284.jpgIMG_20170714_074116599.jpg

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 7,566
Message 19 of 786

Thank you All,

Interesting to find out it does appear at the BIOS level; useful to know. I'd now be grateful if those experiencing this issue could send me their system serial number by private message.

Thanks in advance

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Gdeal
Not applicable
Views: 7,562
Message 20 of 786

Rechecked my screen. Previously I stated that it was not appearing on Bios screen. This is incorrect. I noticed that if I tilted the screen back a bit, the line can be seen on the bios screen. I did the same tilt test on the 4k windows home screen and the location of the black line appears to shift lower on the screen and can be seen regardless of tilt. The two left side pics have the screen tilted slightly forward, the two right side pics have the screen tilted slightly backwards.

combine_images.jpg

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors