Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snake2332
Token Ring
Views: 8,303
Message 51 of 715

Re: Yoga 720 Display Issue

@dstrausser83 wrote:
C'mon Snake, you don't even have to ask man..... Yes, I got it and the Wacom Bamboo Smart Ink pen.... lol

Haha, I probably should have known that. Does it work above the dark line?

dstrausser83
Serial Port
Views: 8,301
Message 52 of 715

Yes, it does work about the line. Not really much to test on because the line is so close to the top BUT I put it above the line and tried to close a line and was successful.
dstrausser83
Serial Port
Views: 8,297
Message 53 of 715

Hey Snake, both pens work the same but I think the Wacom is a little nicer and I like it a little better, probably because of the button on the top I can use as a shortcut for apps. Instead of having 1 pen and forgetting to put it in my breifcase, I just bought two so that way I have one in the brown one and one in the black one. Lol I color coordinate.

dstrausser83
Serial Port
Views: 8,201
Message 54 of 715

Sooooo...........................

I left my Yoga 720 in my laptop overnight. It was in the normal position which would mean the screen was "upside down".

This morning, I pull my bag out and the line is gone. It slid back in place.

This is 100% in line with my theory that it is a physical piece of material.
cworkman74
Core Memory
Views: 8,186
Message 55 of 715

Interesting! A few days ago, I placed mine upside down for an hour or so to test your theory, but it didn't budge. I probably just didn't wait long enough - I will test tonight on the one that is the worst.

Even without this test, I would be inclined to agree with you anyway. There's really no plausible way you could get clean "rows" of dead pixels (from an electronic stand point) at an angle like this.

-Clayton

dstrausser83
Serial Port
Views: 8,182
Message 56 of 715

Very true. I'd say it was there about 12 hours.... I also chucked my bag into the car which may or may not have played with that also.

Highlighted
cworkman74
Core Memory
Views: 8,123
Message 57 of 715

dstrausser83, you're absolutely right. It's definitely a physical defect. It's the border around the top backlight diffuser sheet. The sheet has room to slip and is getting dislodged at an angle. As a result, the top border can be seen easily. I've attached the diffuser sheet taken out of the display of one of my defective units so you can see the border around it that is causing the issue.

No this isn't user serviceable... I'm an electrical engineer and just had to dig in to it to see what the issue was. I'll probably have to pay for a screen+digitizer combo replacement now for this unit.

booncol
Punch Card
Views: 8,117
Message 58 of 715

It seems that this can also happen on FHD yogas.

Insiyah
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,980
Message 59 of 715

Re: Yoga 720 Display Issue. Black Line in top right hand corner

Hi, same issue as many others are facing posting up here to urge lenovo to respond quickly and suggest a way forward.

Got it from best buy a 5 weeks ago, and just noticed the black line on the top right hand corner.

I am in a world of pain as im traveling and in India right now, would like some advice on the best way to resolve this.

Hope Lenovo can come up with a concrete solution soon.

dstrausser83
Serial Port
Views: 7,956
Message 60 of 715

Re: Yoga 720 Display Issue. Black Line in top right hand corner

I'm proud to announce (sarcasm) that after 1 day of my laptop sitting on the dock with the screen open, the loose material has started to come down again and I have a line across my screen once again.....

Thanks Lenovo!

Top Kudoed Authors