Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thok15
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,672
Message 61 of 786

Re: Yoga 720 Display Issue

cworkman74 ,

Thanks so much for having the guts to dissect your 720! We really appreciate your sacrifice. Good to finally know what is causing the black line issue. Thanks to all the others who added their input also, a productive group effort!

ryanjdesalvo
Paper Tape
Views: 3,650
Message 62 of 786

I for one will not be purchasing this laptop until these issues are resolved.

Justin9192
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,632
Message 63 of 786

Got the black line at the top of the screen a little over a month after purchase at best buy. I'm supposed to send it out to a service center is there a repair for this problem? Or will they just replace the laptop? Does anyone have any info on repairs done or replacing the laptop? I really need the laptop and can't afford to have to send it back if they just send me another faulty unit.. I almost want my money back because of the flickering screen and now this.. Before I bought my 720 4k I had a Dell for 7 years no problem, I just hope I didn't make a mistake by going with a different brand.. Any info on a fix would be appreciated...

jlear
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,571
Message 64 of 786

Same issue showed up for me. Best Buy purchase 8 days ago. I ditto the responses about it being a physical defect. I turned my machine over into the tent orientation for 20 seconds and then put it back in normal orientation and the line is in a different spot and angled differently.

Hours to get this machine setup...wasted. It would have been better to have the line out of the box! 

booncol
Punch Card
Views: 3,566
Message 65 of 786

I almost bought this laptop, but now I'm forced to look for something else. Too bad, because it is perfect for my needs.

dstrausser83
Serial Port
Views: 3,550
Message 66 of 786

@Booncol -- get the laptop. It's worth it. The fact that it is a physical piece of material should mean that it is a relatively easy fix. If it was a hardware or software flaw, then yes, go another route, but this should be easy once they figure it out....

You also could be lucky and not have the issue at all...
jlear
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,498
Message 67 of 786

I contacted Lenovo through chat to ask if they have identified the issue and which serial number have it, since my machine is 8 days old and i can just return it. They have not figued it out but the chat rep stated that "It is already reported to higher managment." 

The chat rep also said "Your machine is eligible for a new service delivery offering that allows you to get your machine repaired by Geek Squad at a nearby Best Buy location." for 1 year. So with the information from cworkman74 I think I will give Geek Squad a call ask if they have seen the issue and how they would fix it. Hopefully they have the right answers so i don't have to return it for a refund before my bestbuy 15 days are up!

I will post the outcome of the Geek Squad conversation here.

cworkman74
Core Memory
Views: 3,485
Message 68 of 786

jlear... just be aware that this is not something that the Geek Squad will be able to fix. It is internal to the LCD assembly, and they won't repair at that level. They will replace the LCD assembly. This is where you have to be careful... We need Lenovo to give us an update when they have resolved the issue with the LCD manufacturer so that they can ensure they can replace the assemblies with good ones. Otherwise, there's a high probability that the replacement will have the exact same problem. (This appears to be a widespread manufacturing defect by the LCD supplier.)

By the way, the LCD manufacturer for mine is BOE: http://www.boe.com/portal/en/home/peh.html.

I suspect all of the faulty displays are BOE as well.

To be honest, I have no idea why the diffuser has the black border around it like that. It is completely unnecessary.

Highlighted
apgpop
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,427
Message 69 of 786

my replacement finally came and it has the exact same issue Smiley Sad No idea what I should do from here.

booncol
Punch Card
Views: 3,423
Message 70 of 786

This is why I won't buy it. I don't want to return my laptop for warranty repairs all the time. Here, where I live, Lenovo customer service has a terrible reputation.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors